Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 723 of 948

Poljen does not have any +2 weapons… - Page 723 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Mar, 2018 - 2:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2018 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 723

I've noted the loot in my character sheet. I was reminded of the Greatest American Hero flight mode, so…
Yeah, 5e is almost a wasteland for magic items.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2018 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah, when I was trying to decide on bard items, it was tough to find anything bard specific outside of Instrument of the Bards. It's good to be sure, but the rest of the choices were rather uninspiring. It's almost necessary to homebrew things to a certain extent if you want interesting items.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2018 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

5e is sparse on magic items because it is balanced around not even needing magic items for quite some time. 3.5 had a great variety of itens but it was also broken beyond belief. We are running magic items now that aren't expected to be had by characters until much later in the game. That plus the huge party size makes it tough to keep it a challenge. When we get to level 15 plus Daishain will have to be very creative with enemies for us to not just steamroll over them. That vampire we killed in the last chapter was CR 14 I believe and posed no great threat even with a horde of enemies helping. I'm curious to see what he has in store for us.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2018 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 723 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Come on now, Kyrroeth! Give us some credit! We used some very tactically sound moves so that we were able to deal with the minions, and then concentrate on the vampire when it showed up. We never had to fall back to the control room, so I think we did a fair job in that fight.

But seriously, yeah, with this many PCs, Daishain obviously amps up the bad guys a bit. The white dragon, took much more damage than a typical white dragon, according to my manual… he has done a real good job so far. Heck, even when the army attacked Greenest, we did a very good job of holding them back at the gate for a while before having to fall back. We fought soundly, and used the barriers created to delay their advance. But no way were we going to defeat them! So the back-and-forth of his fights has been really enjoyable for me!

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2018 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oh I agree Paul. Daishain is doing a great job of giving us challenging battles. I've really enjoyed them as well. Introducing as many magic items as he has could doom a campaign of a less experienced dungeon master. 5e as it is written just isn't designed for that. This is a great campaign and I'm loving all of it.

Those were some good tactical decisions made in that fight versus the vampire. A standard party of 4-6 characters at our level with normal distribution of magical items would have been slaughtered. Thankfully we are more than that. We are level 8 but it would probably take a CR 16 or so creature to really give us problems. Our biggest danger is facing hordes of lesser enemies. They have the number of attacks that offset our numerical advantage.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Mar, 2018 - 12:30am

27th Mar, 2018 - 1:09am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Protector. says...

I agree, it may get to the stage where a great battle between armies. Us caught up in the middle, having to pick a side. Then of course, dragons aiding either side.

Daishain, has done a great job thus far, the trick is getting more creative.
I especially like the Indiana Jones like, problem solving, traps and the like.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2018 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 723

Any word on my invisibility question? Bueller?

I think Daishain has done a great job scaling the encounters, the white dragon being the first example that comes to mind. That was pretty rough. That being said, however, I still think he's taking it easy on us. We have people not taking turns in combat, going whole boss fights without doing damage, buffing their allies, or controlling our foes somehow, or using nothing but cantrips for a whole long fight. We have people fighting at level 3 or so effectiveness, not level 8. We have piles and piles of strong magic items being handed out and many people not taking advantage. The last several boss fights it's been like pulling teeth to get people to take and use items. No one could use a +2 weapon here? How many people have +2's?

I feel that if Daishain gave us a level 8 Deadly rated boss encounter AND THEN made it even harder to account for the much-greater-than-average magic item allocation and did not pull any punches we would rapidly have a TPK on our hands. Just my guess, though.

Regarding strategy though, kudos to any and all who dispelled the nasty magic of the naga this last battle. That was the real key. That's the type of stuff we need to be doing at level 8 so there's still hope for the Blaze!

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2018 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 723

Poljen does not have any +2 weapons… but both the weapons he carries do additional damage. The axe does d6 cold, and the sword d6 electrical. He may end up seeing about transferring the electrical damage gem to a +2 scimitar though… I think the axe's bonus damage is a straight enchantment…

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.