Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 768 of 948

I have no issue with Zarra taking the shot, - Page 768 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st May, 2018 - 5:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 31st May, 2018 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 768

Dai, I still need to know if Poljen would be capable of speaking with and seeing through Trammet, or if we need another Long rest for that… right now I am thinking we let Lawrance use his eye thing, and if it trips an alarm, Poljen can have Trammet do his best to take out the hawk, to kill their surveillance. If no alarm is tripped, he would still do it. If not, my plan is to have Poljen attempt to sneak into the area and wait to give Trammet the word to attack…

Sponsored Links:
31st May, 2018 - 9:07am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

That took a lot more time to post then intended, yet I managed to catch up. I'll have to double-check Zarra's spell selection, is that might be helpful in the battle to come. If we have time, I may even try to change out a few spells.

Rather off topic, but...
More in my Introduction thread, counting one potentially big announcement.

Post Date: 31st May, 2018 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The eye is supposed to be invisible and can see with darkvision, so it shouldnt trip an alarm. It could be blocked by certain spells, but at least it'll see across the barrier for a bit. When/if the familiar hawk dies, the caster will know. It just can't report our presence.
Unfortunate that Lawrence's Robe of Eyes doesn't work through the spell. 120' vision, see invisible and all that would be OP with this scouting spell.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 31st May, 2018 - 12:21pm

Post Date: 31st May, 2018 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 768 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Re: the main thread - yes, my main concern was that the killing of the familiar will alert the mage partner. The ability to kill it was never in doubt, I would have liked to have more time to fully and safely scout the lair before we started the assault. True Strike isn't as good as it's earlier version counterpart, adding +10 to the attack roll, but advantage is a good benefit. I don't think Zarra used it, however. The first 26 to hit was good, though!

Post Date: 31st May, 2018 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

To be fair to Thomas/Zarra, staying still and waiting for the eye to scout for a lengthy amount of time is also dangerous. It gives the hawk much more time to spot us. Time is a valuable resource so killing it before it had a chance to spot us directly may have been the right move. I did like Paul's idea regarding the bird Pokemon battle though.

31st May, 2018 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

Thanks Seath, I admittedly could have waited at least another post to confirm Zarra's actions, but at the time I didn't see an issue with both having some scouting ahead as well taking down the hawk even if this may notify the one who summoned the familiar'.

As it was mentioned, even if s/he might know someone or something took out the familiar, the one who summoned the familiar wouldn't know how many or even what s/he were up against.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 31st May, 2018 - 5:06pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st May, 2018 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 768

Velon didn't ask Zarra ro take the shot. He said that he wanted to use the scrying eye spell to scout the tunnel first. He asked Poljen, Mari and Zarra all if they could make the shot if needed. Mari could have taken the shot originally but she wanted to talk it out with the others.

It does matter about the timing of killing the hawk. It's better to have more details of the tunnel first. Now there will probably be no time for it. It is a big decision. We are only fighting an adult green dragon. I don't think it's right for someone to take that upon themselves before a potentially fatal battle. I'm not saying that you aren't free to play your character as you see fit. Just be prepared for a possible backlash from other characters.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 31st May, 2018 - 5:13pm

Post Date: 31st May, 2018 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 768

I have no issue with Zarra taking the shot, just timing. *smile* No big deal, things like this are bound to happen, and we wouldn't want to piss off Velon with a few hours of overthinking (Telepathically) the plan. Although watching the Paladin slow boil does have some appeal. We will proceed as Dai gives up the details and adlib our way through, as always.
Remember the potion only last an hour, so possibly saving it for just before we enter might be an idea. I don't have the duration of Perry's ewer on hand, if it's duration is longer.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 31st May, 2018 - 5:17pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.