Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 769 of 948

True strike is still almost useless. With - Page 769 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Jun, 2018 - 12:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 31st May, 2018 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 769

Time does matter though. Try to imagine a group of people just standing around doing nothing in the middle of a forest while a hawk patrols and the Arcane Eye scouts. Most of the party are not stealth masters and no one chose the spell Pass Without a Trace. If we didn't deal with the hawk quickly, and decided to hold a team meeting instead, and it spotted us while we did so, then we would be in serious trouble. It's unrealistic to wait for the eye for such a long time when it only moves 30 feet at a time.

Kyr, you are absolutely correct that it's a big decision. It is not an easy one I agree, but there are definitely arguments on both sides here. Planning and waiting absolutely might be the best course of action. However, if I were Dungeon Master'ing, I would definitely have consequences for my players sitting around for a lengthy amount of time while the bird patrol is out in full force and the majority of them not being the best at sneaking and hiding. Velon is literally head to toe in black admantine plate armor in the middle of a forest. Yeah, he has some crazy silence stone that somehow doesn't require attunement, but I still imagine him sticking out like a sore thumb to any creature with keen eyes. And Perry didn't roll great on his stealth roll either. At least a lot of us are wearing mithral armor so we've got that going for us.

Overall, there are merits to both actions here is all I'm trying to say. Yeah, it sucks when a player jumps the gun but I think it's more realistic for someone to shoot the stupid bird as soon as they see it just like how people who are sneaking through a facility take out the cameras. It's unrealistic to me to sit around and hold a meeting about it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st May, 2018 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The impression I got from Daishain's post about the hawk is it is patrolling near the waterfall, having spotted when Mari scouted close by. Shen then returned to the group to inform us about it. To me that means there is only a small risk of it seeing us while we make our plan. And again, if we are around a table, this conversation lasts just a few minutes. I know we all get antsy waiting around and so on. But we want to do this in a manner where we are all on the same page at the same time.

Thomas, you wrote

international QUOTE
Yet on the other page, Velon specifically asked Zarra if she could manage the shot. Implying that he was wanting her to shot at the hawk from what I read,

When someone asks if you are capable of something it does not mean they are asking you to do it, certainly not immediately. That is not what they are IMPLYING. That means you are INFERRING it is what they want. And when all is said and done I have no problem with it being Zarra to take the shot. I just was hoping you'd wait for us to all be in agreement when we are about to face a massively dangerous foe.

Even posting your moves and actions under a caveat that here is your move and the proper dice rolls for when the group makes it advance would have gotten less backlash.

31st May, 2018 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well then how about we have it delayed, Zarra's actions not come into effect immediately. If it helps I can make a few small edits to the post to better show simply a preparation of action and not the execution of such.

The GM hasn't posted yet, so technically we still have time. It wouldn't take too much time to make those edits, and we can have more people happy or without complaint. To do as suggested and have those be her actions only once to party has made their decision. Sighs.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 31st May, 2018 - 9:59pm

31st May, 2018 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Page 769 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

I personally don't have a problem, with Zarra taking a shot either but perhaps the timing.

But, there isn't any point on getting pedantic about someone taking a move either, without consultation.
Has, anyone heard back from all the scouts yet?

Can, we get on with letting characters do, what they do best? Have, we all got enough intel yet?
Don't think so.

31st May, 2018 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Still, it's pretty clear that there are those who are think I messed up and I'm willing to correct my mistake to try getting past this. Who feel that having my character act without farther consolation from the party is a problem… Especially since I have not have been able to be as active with my posting.

So yeah, I'll update my post if it means alleviated tensions or upset. I just want everyone to enjoy themselves, I'm not here to argue or fight with anyone. I'm fine with taking responsibility and trying to fix a problem in what I posted.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 31st May, 2018 - 10:30pm

Post Date: 31st May, 2018 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Regarding the Diderius' Ewer and goblets, the effects last only 1 hour sadly. I can role play asking the group if we want to use it right now. As a reminder it gives advantage to saves against poison and disease and we have 4 charges so four people can drink it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st May, 2018 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 769

The Protector. says...

No Thomas, you haven't messed up, no need to roll again.
I never got to drink from the goblet Seath, so would like one if your offering this time.

As for the dragon, I would prefer to take him on in the abandoned white dragons lair in our flying castle.

But that ain't going to happen now, let's hope we can still take on the dragon in another confined space where it restricts its flying?

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2018 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 769

True strike is still almost useless. With Zarra striking from ambush she would have attacked with advantage anyways. I think that is why Thomas rolled the attack with advantage. He didn't mention casting True Strike.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.