Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 771 of 948

Personally I don't think we should - Page 771 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Jun, 2018 - 4:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2018 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 771

Feather fall isn't all that slowly. 10 feet per second is rather rapid. And we are talking about getting your character into play, making him drop near a tree line or something where the cloud wouldn't be too high up, and yet not obviously 'wrong'.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2018 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I don’t know, how obligated should we be to go out of our way to include a character who posts little but “I don’t go”, “I’m not there”, and “I walk away”? Sometimes I even post “Velon waits until everyone is at a meal to address the group… .” and retroactively still get “Nope, Cratol still wasn’t there.” If Cratol is trying that hard to not be part of the group, that might be what he gets. He’ll barely even speak to any of us but is the first to speak to strangers.

Keep in mind that this is Dungeons & Dragons and the party could have a random encounter at any time. The dragon could have dropped in while we visited the first elven village for the big fight. Explicitly stating one is not with the entire rest of the party all the time is asking for trouble for the individual or is begging to not be there for one’s “friends” when needed.

If we can assume we have one end of Niko’s sending stones we can can call the castle twice a day with Lia’s Sending as the other method. We aren’t wasting those to accommodate the young monk’s moods.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2018 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well then I guess that really lets me know what everyone thinks. I will post my next action in the main thread. Have luck.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2018 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 771 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Well now, this certainly took an unexpected turn.

Kn, they are correct in stating that Cratol's behavior lately has been distancing himself from the team, even more so than usual. It would not be out of place in character for them to assume that he wants to remain behind. He certainly has been choosing to do so a great deal lately, and has not communicated his desires at all, as Cinder points out.

Everyone else, I've gotten the impression, perhaps a false one, perhaps not, that Kn was hoping for other characters to reach out to Cratol and break the isolation.

Now, I'd rather put an end to this, without having anyone metaphorically stomp off away from the table. So if you guys could start working things out a little better, that would be much appreciated.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2018 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

So just to be clear, Cratol is taking the castle away for Out of Character: personally reasons? Can’t see how he would have any reason to in character. I guess Cratol will officially be an enemy of Velon and others once they figure it out. Ok, no problem. I figured this would happen eventually with the monk staying behind all the time. Can’t see Niko and Poppo allowing it, anyhow, not without a bluff and some deception rolls at least. Note that before my post others were trying to help by suggesting feather fall, etc. And we’re met with a poor attitude for their efforts.

I’ve wondered if people should talk to Cratol but you know what, some of us already put a bunch of time and effort into this game and it’s just yet another thing to do. I also figured there was a good chance the only response would be “Cratol walks away” anyhow. I’ll put my effort in where others do, whether it be the Dungeon Master providing interesting content or other players putting effort into their role play. Even if the monk has personal issues the party should role play, there’s also little effort to role play his other aspects such as combat, i.e. “attacks with a ki point”. What should motivate us to interact with this character if that’s what we get in all areas? Paul and I have had an argument or two but he puts a ton of effort into all aspects of the game so I will in turn always put effort into Velon’s interactions with Poljen.

The castle is a big loss, potentially, in character but losing it might be a win Out of Character: in my opinion; one that I know is shared amongst others here. It’s a crutch that allows people to try to avoid questing, fighting, coming with the group or generally playing some Dungeons & Dragons. That being said I don’t think a player should be allowed to “take his ball and go home” for Out of Character: reasons. I know Seath and I don’t allow any in party theft of any kind in our games because there’s almost always someone that takes pleasure in ruining someone else’s fun, until you route those people out and boot them, that is.

I’ll put effort into RP’ing with Cratol if KN does if everyone wants to stick around and make it work. It’s something Velon would probably have done anyhow, I just didn’t think the payoff would be worth the effort out of character previously.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2018 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: If he is now a enemy of yours so be it. He has done what he could for the group and all. He is quiet and while people have stated they wanted to talk to all a cetain time or place no one has told him any of this. He comes in to get meals and head back out to the walls or his room because he feels that people distrust him so he would be even more quiet as to not cause issues. Yes I am very aware a random encounter can occur at any time and I have no issues with that and when Fay and him talked about the elves in this area he felt that not having a dispissed half elf in your company when you went to the village would be best for you to get the information you wanted. He is not sneaky like Mari and has no disguise. It is not like anyone really tried to get close to him. In battles he is simple minded. Attack and get it over with. So no he will not go into great detail on how he is attacking as he is a simple young man.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2018 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 771

Well “he” doesn’t need to go into detail, the character isn’t describing the actions, the player is. His age and personality should have no bearing, and using a ki point is an Out of Character: mechanical description. In character one could describe that he calls upon his monk training and whether his unarmed strikes are punches or kicks or whatever.

He isn’t an enemy of Velon’s until he does som thing to hurt the group and Velon finds out. For now maybe he’s hitching a ride home quickly and having Poppo bring the castle back to the party. Who knows.

Velon doesn’t need to go tell Cratol he wants to talk if I post “Velon waits for everyone to come to dinner.” That means he is waits until Cratol walks in. I don’t think it’s fair to say no one told him. You’re intentionally ignoring what I said to further distance him from the team. I really don’t know what you wanted from us, but I’m willing to RP with him to get him into the group.

My vote if KN still wants to play Cratol and isn’t flying him home is to retcon and just say he’s with us for the benefit of the player. Not that we want to retcon everything but ultimately the goal of Dungeons & Dragons is for everyone to have fun. My philosophy is that every player should make adding to the group fun a top priority in one way or another. If the scales tip the other way, however, and one’s individual play preferences are non-participation or detract from the group fun you’ll typically hear about it from me. Some of you may have noticed *wink*.

2nd Jun, 2018 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 771

The Quiet Shadow says...

Personally I don't think we should start throwing around the word enemy when it comes to party members, and honestly I do think this is still something we can work out it just needs a bit of communication. I definitely think a big part of what has been going on, is that some of our characters haven't talking with each other or given attentiin to potental issues party members may be having.

I've worked with KNtoran before, both with him as my Dungeon Master and as a fellow player, so I'm going to trust that he won't have his character go completely off the rail and undo a lot of the hard work of the party.

My apologies for not noticing whether or not KNtoran has wanted others to approach Cratol about his growing distance from the party, and in his character staying behind so much more often… This not helped by my own lack of activity and presence at times, even though I do try to keep Zarra with the main group in whatever they may be doing.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.