Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 781 of 948

Sneak attack is once per turn sadly, Kyr. - Page 781 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Jun, 2018 - 3:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
13th Jun, 2018 - 3:38am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 781

The Protector. says...

So that means the scouting party have 2 minutes to escape out on phantom steeds. Also those inside the hut, have a phantom steed each, to catch up with the rest of the party? Everyone escape, re-group?

In which case the hut, is dropped and combat is ensured after that. So dropping the hut, is a last resort, I hope? When all stealth activity is compromised.

As for Poljen's invisibility, as long as Tazskan remains in hut, not attacked, with concentration not broken, interrupted, he still has it.

He can run, or do anything in there, except is only vulnerable to a creature with blindsense. Anything else is fair game for his meat axe.

What a shame, that the flying castle is no where in sight. Its times like these, that Calahan, and his cohorts, could have had armed ballista's firing volleys at the flying dragon, creating a two pronged attack!

I wonder where it is??

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 13th Jun, 2018 - 3:56am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2018 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I think you've mixed up a few things, Anron. The Steeds are for everyone in the Hut, plus three extras that need to be dragged along for the scouts, if Dai allows them. The scouting party only have shank's mare for their movement (Feet) and we are now all riding our Steeds to meet up with them. You can sustain concentration while riding these perfect horses. The Hut is gone.
Inside the lair, the scouts are all still invisible, Zarra is going to try to grab the mask (Without Mage hand, as that would break invis), Mari is trying to distract the BBEGs, and Poljen is either starting his retreat, or waiting to help. If they can delay the combat for a couple of minutes, we can all be at the entrance, ready to support their escape. If we are all mounted, we can flee at 100x2, but the dragon can fly pretty damn quick. If we can at least get some distance away from the main forces, we can defeat the dragon and it's rider, and take on the rest later.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 13th Jun, 2018 - 4:00am

13th Jun, 2018 - 8:09am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Protector. says...

That sounds like a plan GK. So the overall aim is to draw out the beast. Then attack it away from the horde.
We also need to consider what the magic wielding rider might do also.

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2018 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 781 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I was really tempted to have Mari attack the male elf, hoping to take him out in the surprise round. It would have made a tremendous distraction but would have been suicidal. She still might take him out. It would buy her companions time and she could use her hat of disguise to pose as a kobold. Who knows, it might work. I'm just trying to justify it in character for her. She isn't suicidal but wishes to prove her devotion to the Silver Blaze.

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2018 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

5e has no provision for coup-de-gras, so even a surprise attack on a prone opponent who is asleep with hands tied doesn't auto-kill under RAW. You get a advantage critical blow, at best. It's not worth trying, as you'll just be overwhelmed. Stick the original idea of letting Zarra grab the mask, and run out of there, using disengage bonuses, if you get and need them. If you can stay invisible, it'll be much better.

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2018 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That is true. With her being an assassin using two weapons she could have gotten two criticals however. With it being a surprise round any hit would have counted as a critical. Two criticals which would grant four times the sneak attach damage could do an incredible amount of damage. Killing him isn't the main priority however.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jun, 2018 - 12:02am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 781

The Protector. says...

Agreed the main thing, is to quickly grab the mask and go.
I wonder, if he is the rogue elf, dragon rider? If yhink we will find out soon enough.

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2018 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 781

Sneak attack is once per turn sadly, Kyr. For some reason I'm a bit shocked by the sheer distance we are from the lair proper. I'm going to have to go back and re-read the descriptions for my own sake. I probably missed something on that front. Good luck at any rate you guys. Maybe you could stall them somehow, keep them talking for awhile? Doesn't seem likely to be successful though. Running is still probably the best bet.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.