Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 791 of 948

Dai, how are we going to handle the use of - Page 791 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Jun, 2018 - 7:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2018 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 791

And if a troll or two gets caught in the splash, well, that's just the gravy on the mashed potatoes!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2018 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Perry - those kobolds will soon learn the meaning of 'You're FIRED!' from Velon Trump. Or should that be 'fried'? The Trolls are gonna get a face full of it, as well. Tears will not be shed by our side. I've actually been imagining what it must be like, all this mental communication and not a word said by our team as we coordinate our actions. Silent killers, from two fronts.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 20th Jun, 2018 - 5:25pm

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2018 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yeah this spell is excellent, and good timing too, when the party is split and there's a stealth mission in progress. I'd say we could include a castle pilot in the next casting of it, to loop them in as well, but I know that would cut into the hour time limit as we do… whatever it is we do… to get down from the castle.

Oh, and Velon's hair is a thick, lustrous natural red! How dare you compare him to Agent Orange and his comb over! wink.gif.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2018 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 791 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Coordination is the key to using it. The spell encompasses only 8 people, so if we want someone in the air to have it, they'd be better off flying up there after the casting, but that removes an active player from the mesh. The Sending stones are probably the better way of getting a message up there, until we have a different option.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2018 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Dashain, I will probably be taking that AoO on the Prince, and letting the Reckless negate the Disadvantage. But I want to understand the breaking free mechanics. If he tries for a Strength check, he would normally get Advantage due to Raging, but will that also be negated by the stone to Normal? And that would be his sole action, right? Whereas if he attacks the stone, since it is just around his lower legs, would his Advantage apply? After all, the 'target' is not moving at all. And he could attack the stone twice… or if it breaks on the first attack he could sue the second attack on the prince…

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2018 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

He does get advantage still on the Strength check, but the DC is high.

Attacking the stone has the same problem as attacking the prince, but the AC to hit it is low, since as you say its not moving.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2018 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 791

Thanks for the quick reply… now I need to decide what to do. Of course it would be easier if I knew what the target DC for the Strength check and the points needed to smash the stone were… grr, well played, GM! It makes the decision difficult. I will think a bit, then post shortly.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2018 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 791

Dai, how are we going to handle the use of Counterspell in the game? If you describe a spell effect, and I wanted to have Lawrance CS it, do I just follow your post with the declaration and fluff, and you revise, or what?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.