Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 803 of 948

Odd, I had her down as having a 6, must've - Page 803 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Jun, 2018 - 11:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 803

OK. TIME OUT. What is going on here? I thought Lia was refusing to take the wall down on her turn, so Velon headed the other way on his turn, pending the scale doing anything. Is she now letting him through this round, or are we posting for the following round as Lawrance did before the Dungeon Master posts this round of results? Why would we post for next round before the Dungeon Master summary post? We never do that. So confusing. Even if he let's someone post, why not still be patient vs adding to the confusion? Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do something. We're going to keep posting out of order and then revising our posts again and again based on what others in front of us do? I should read everyone's posts six times today to ensure I know what people did, then re-did, etc. To decide what to do for my character? Then I finally post and now that post may not make sense, either?

It's too late for me to edit my post. Should I be scrapping that whole post and moving to Lia, this round?

Dungeon Master, we need some clarity here. Again, we don't even know the initiative order (Specifically bad guy's places in the turn order) so this is really a nightmare to keep track of what happens when to make an informed choice for our character actions.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 25th Jun, 2018 - 7:05pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, let me try to clarify.

Initiative order: Lia, Perry, Morgaine, Zarra, Lawrance, Velon, Poljen, Neronvain, Mari, Trolls, Tazskan, Chuth.

For simplicity's sake, Chuth was going to go first, or last, depending on if her roll beat the group's average, or not. You guys got lucky there.

Last round, on Chuth's go, Lia activated the cube for setting 5 as a reaction to the dragon's physical attack. She then refused to give the cube to Chuth, resisting her influence. Events are currently sitting in the moment after that.

This round, since Lia is at the top of the list, she can choose to drop/alter the barrier before others move, or ready an action to do the same. Of course, the danger there in either case is she won't be able to reestablish it before Chuth goes.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

So, since Lia posted a new action, we can all follow her lead for our own actions, correct? Or are we waiting for a different post to occur?

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 803 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Ok, thank you. So these changes are all for this round (Other than Lawrance's). Based on Lia's revised action and your clarification, I'm under the impression that I can change Velon's action, too. Since I am not a paid customer anymore, I can't edit my post. I will go ahead and make a new post. Please ignore the old, although I would have been curious to see if the heartscale did anything! Will save it for an even rainier day!

PS. Kudos for putting the dragon either at the very beginning or end of the order. It fits what we discussed about how to manage initiative so those at the end aren't working with outdated info. I'd rather have the enemy go first in every battle than have my posts and rolls nullified because the enemy flew away or otherwise did something before Velon's turn.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 25th Jun, 2018 - 8:17pm

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I have been thinking of how to react to all this. I don't want to do things too meta, so I am going to let one particular die roll make the final choice. If Poljen has passed the Wisdom roll so he can move towards the dragon (Or if he is close enough to engage in melee even without), he will indeed go after Chuth, calling out to Velon, "Go! I will harry this beast to give you even more time to escape! The mask is what's important!" This way either he will get an AoO on Chuth when it chases them or heads for the alternate exit, or if it decides to deal with him, it gives the group more time to prepare for its eventual arrival. And who knows, he probably could deal some extra damage to it, and burn its spell slots.

But if he failed the Wisdom save, he will indeed head for the exit and follow the others, ready to deal with Neronvain if he reveals himself, or if somehow the dragon shifts form again and chases them directly.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Welp, that's a failure, so it looks like everyone is getting the heck out. All righty then.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 803

One small correction Daishain. Mari is at the top of the nitiative offer. She rolled a 26. It might matter before this escape is over.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 803

Odd, I had her down as having a 6, must've been a misstype, cause you're right. Looking back, I don't think it would have made a notable difference thus far.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.