Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 813 of 948

So is anyone going to open the chest? This - Page 813 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2018 - 3:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2018 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 813

I'm pretty much done at least. Do we know the outcome of the Lawrance/Poppo Identify spell on the mask?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2018 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The thing radiates power, a great deal of it, but to be sure of more than that they'll need to make an arcana check.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2018 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Can we also activate the magic comm portal thing to talk to our dragon benefactors? Didn't we hand off the black mask that way, though the thing with a mage hand or something? I would love to get it out of our possession before we engage Chuth and the prince again.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2018 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 813 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oh shoot, that reminds me. Pardon me, we kind of skipped over Lawrance actually moving the mask, so slight retcon incoming.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2018 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yikes, better take that sucker out, Lawrance! I assume this is happening hours before the castle arrives, since that is when we put it in the chest to send to Poppo?

Daishain, could you remind me/us of what we've learned of the consequences of trying to use/wear the masks? I assume we can't use it against Neronvain and the dragon, but I forget what the characters know about that. I would hope the Identify spell would tell us quite a bit, as it seems to provide a lot of specifics.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 1st Jul, 2018 - 2:58am

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2018 - 4:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes, this would be prior to getting on the castle.

As to the masks, they are physical extensions of the will of Tiamat. You and others are not entirely sure what will happen if an enemy of hers wears it, but it doing nothing at all to and for the wearer is pretty much the best case scenario among those deemed likely to occur.

Its a lot like messing around with an altar to a hostile god. You might not get smitten for the impertinence, but expecting to be granted something you want is not reasonable.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Jul, 2018 - 5:04pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2018 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 813

I'm sure the mask is friendly. If no one wants to attempt it, Perry will try throwing it on. What's the worst that could happen right?

EDIT This thing is reminding me of the hit 90s Jim Carey movie, The Mask.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 1st Jul, 2018 - 5:51pm

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2018 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 813

So is anyone going to open the chest?

This is one thing in which Play By Post is lacking. In person I'd have asked that question with an evil grin on my face.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.