Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 821 of 948

Someone should let our characters know that - Page 821 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Jul, 2018 - 10:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2018 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 821

Okay, so ward dispelled, obviously everything's free and clear to march right on in. Who's going first?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2018 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

While determining the spell itself would be fine, it doesn't determine the level, so it's only slightly useful. We know the spell isn't nice to us, just get rid of it! biggrin.gif
At 10th, I get my Prof bonus on dispels, yes, which is nice. There's still that random factor if the spell is higher than the dispel cast level. Just means a better chance to dispel higher level spells. We could still waste 3rd level castings trying to remove spells if the rolls go low.

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2018 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I would think that we would have our normal scouts out front. Zarra and Mari to clear the path of traps with Poljen right behind them.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2018 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 821 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Dungeon Master, can we get a bit more info on this cursed net that appears to be thwarting our advance? Does it look like there may be some underwater manuever we could attempt to swim around it or is it sort of blanketing us completely such that the only way through it is to cut it? Is there a way to try and figure out the trap here (I.e. What's it look like this thing does if we touch it?) Happy to make a suitable roll to figure any of this out.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2018 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I would make you roll to figure it out, but I'd judge the DC low enough that I'm sure someone will make it. So let's save some time.

The net appears to be woven tension wires, intended to dislodge a large rock embedded in the roof. The rock falling through the water would not be a significant threat, suggesting that there's something else involved.

Some of the smaller party members might be able to slip through if they are careful. But Poljen, Velon and Morgaine aren't even close to being able to make it.

A larger hole could be made, or the net severed entirely, but doing it without triggering the trap would take a sleight of hand check.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2018 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

As one potential alternative, could a rogue do it with Thieves' Tools, as if it were a normal trap? Regardless, while any attempts to either clear the net or pass through/by the net are being made, everyone else should hug the walls. There may be more to the rock, but I guarantee that the water won't slow it enough to prevent it from doing some amount of damage.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2018 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 821

A one? Sheesh…
As far as the rock goes, it could have fifteen undead standing atop it, or a freeze block that will freeze the water once it touches, or… These bad guys have a lot of magic to waste.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2018 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 821

Someone should let our characters know that there are more numbers on a d20 than the first 5. (Laugh).

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.