Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 825 of 948

Yup, bad news bears all around, because Math. - Page 825 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jul, 2018 - 3:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2018 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 825

Daishain, any chance 5 points of Lay on Hands will remove this as it does other effects? It would certainly be a good use of that ability since it takes actions to use.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2018 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poor Poljen and Morgaine. They have no idea what is coming. This battle is shaping up to be a real challenge. I like it.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2018 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I believe Dai hears our tone of desperation, considering the damage output that some characters are capable of *smile* If we could at least cure the front liners, that'd be nice.

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2018 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 825 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

This is something we will have to work out in character. Hopefully Velon can use Lay on hands to help. Lia will have her healing ability cut in half if too many spell slots are used. I have a feeling that they will be needed.

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2018 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Just suck it up and let's go. If you roll poorly, so maybe you automatically fail, or hit the wrong target. Yeah, one or two of us might take some extra damage. Honestly, if that happens let's hope that Poljen is the target. He can handle quite a bit, especially if it is normal damage. They know we're coming, so ignore the alarm ward. If we flood the lower part of the lair, so be it. Maybe Mari disables that water ward, maybe not. Let's find out… and let's waste this dragon and her pet elf-prince!

I just realized, the elf prince should be short and clad in purple… Prince!

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2018 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think some you are underselling how bad a 10% chance is of doing nothing on top of another 10% chance of helping your enemies is. That's a 20% or 1 in 5 chance of something really bad happening. Across 5 players, that means on average 1 person per round is losing an action or helping the other team.

Even if someone relatively benign such as Perry casts a DC 18 Hold Person on a party member or, Sune forbid, Polymorphs an enemy into a giant ape, what do you think is going to happen to the party? Nevermind Velon going nova on someone. In my opinion, unless you all want to walk into an almost certain TPK, Lia has to sacrifice 5 spell slots or we need to find a way to wait out an hour for this effect to pass. Also important to note, in character, the only one who currently knows anything about what is affecting us is Lawrance. So we would need to roleplay this problem and the solution.

Guidance and Bardic Inspiration aren't going to help too much here either with the sheer number of folks affected. Perry only has four Bardic Inspirations and Lia would be giving up her action (I.e. Rolling a 2 out of 10) to save someone else's, except she still has a chance to fail even that and give the bad guys a blessing instead. So you auto fail Lia by wasting her turn casting Guidance, and have a 20% chance of failing even that.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2018 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 825

To be fair, Lawrance doesn't know what's happening, he just identified one of the ingredients. I was waiting for Dai to specify the effects and then was going to role play some of it, but everyone who failed to save sees these phantasms and distractions. I also think we should wait out the hour, which is what I will post RP, as well. This is very debilitating to the party's effectiveness.

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2018 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 825

Yup, bad news bears all around, because Math. It's not just about HP, as Seath said, we could drop major spells on the wrong person, killing an ally or buffing an enemy, never mind simply the wasted turns and spell slots even if the end result isn't so bad that turn. Hitting Poljen for a few HP might not be bad, but Banishing him, catching him in Hold Person, Smiting him for 60+ HP plus booming blade, or giving Neronvain an extra 100+HP buff for at least a turn by dropping an unintended poly on him certainly would be.

Moreover, Velon doesn't know any of this but is waiting for those whose job it is to disarm magical and mundane traps and wards to get him out of the water asap. I think he's starting to see things… uh oh… posting incoming…

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.