Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 852 of 948

Well in that case maybe I have just grown - Page 852 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jul, 2018 - 12:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2018 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 852

Apologies Cinder, writing something about each and every attack and whether they struck home or not was getting rather cumbersome so I started going with a looser description. Your particular need to keep track of hits for the sake of smite expenditure slipped my mind. I went back and double checked, Velon has spent 1 level 4 smite and 1 level 3.

In regards to the stated need to know each hit in order to puzzle out the AC for the sake of GWM, that's a little metagamey is it not? If you need to get a better sense of how confident your character is in hitting the target, just ask. In this instance Velon thinks he's striking home a little more than half the time when it comes to Chuth.

As to the other issue, yes, it would be good if some players started organizing themselves a bit more. I do what I can to bring order to the chaos when making an update, but I don't doubt for a moment that I've missed things.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Jul, 2018 - 10:35pm

Sponsored Links:
26th Jul, 2018 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Lady of the Water says...

Thanks Paul, you and Seath and others; have been a big help to me lately. It nice to have people who are willing to help a newbie.

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2018 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

You're more than welcome, Susan. I have been gaming since about 1985, but never much actual Dungeons & Dragons (A bit of 2nd edition way back, then a bit of 3rd edition in the 90s), until the 5th edition came along. So I am also learning the rules. I have had been the beneficiary of much advice and wisdom from many folks, including quite a few in this game. I am simply trying to pay things forward.

Oh, and with Morgaine's obvious fighting-prowess demonstrated, assuming we both survive, Poljen may offer her a little token of his affection.

26th Jul, 2018 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 852 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Lady of the Water says...

Dang it, I was updating Morgaine's hit points on her Character sheet and I totally forgot she has Ioun Stone of Regeneration: You gain 15 hit points at the end of each hour. This pearly white spindle orbits your head. Bet that looks a bit odd..*laugh*
I am not sure how much time has past since we started fighting, so her hit points many be more.

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2018 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Each round is only six seconds long. I recognize that it likely seems a lot longer, but the fight has lasted less than 1 minute.

26th Jul, 2018 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well then, in less then a minute the party has been put into a pretty serious position. With multiple comrades down and our priestess having to bring them back to their feet. Also, the whole six second measure always bothered me because I can't see most people being able to move 30ft in such time let along a greater distance.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Jul, 2018 - 11:44pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2018 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 852

The one round is six seconds thing has some problems, but that isn't one of them.

The average walking pace is 4.6 feet/second. Meaning that in six seconds, at a simple walk, most will cover just a little under that 30 feet.

27th Jul, 2018 - 12:09am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 852

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well in that case maybe I have just grown slow over the years, or I need to test it with people I know. Of any case I do find it hard to believe that everything that has happened has taken less then a minute.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.