Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 854 of 948

Thanks Seath, I'll see about updating - Page 854 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jul, 2018 - 5:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 854

Anron, just remember that all your spells are now cast at 5th level. Warlocks have far fewer slots available than wizards but their spells are all cast at a higher level depending upon their class level. Anytime you use a spell that is lower than 5th level be sure to read what the extra spell leveis will do. Hellish rebuke is a 1st level spell that does 2D10. Taz cast it at 5th level automatically. It adds 1 D10 per higher level so it should have been 6D10 damage. Fireball is a 3rd level spell but again it is cast at 5th level. It should be 8D6 basic with an extra D6 per level. The fireball should have been 10D6 damage instead of the 6D6 that was rolled. That's a lot of potential damage left off. By not upping them to level 5 it is making Taz a much weaker wizard basically. Just remember that everything get casts is cast at 5th level now. That should help Taz out a lot *smile*.

Well GK beat me to it. What he said basically. I had the novel version *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jul, 2018 - 1:13pm

Sponsored Links:
27th Jul, 2018 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

If anyone has advice or suggestions on how to maximize the effectiveness Zarra and noticed when I might make a mistake such as with rolls, I would appreciate them saying something about it otherwise I might not be able to improve without someone letting me know.

That, and I admit I do feel like I've lag behind a bit in part because I haven't really been involved in the shopping trips. Not knowing what I could buy, especially since Dungeons & Dragons 5e has more of the idea that you can't really buy magic items you have to acquire them through other means.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th Jul, 2018 - 2:44pm

27th Jul, 2018 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Protector. says...

It appears, I have misread the Warlock spell list. He should have 10 spells, with two spell slots, at 5th level. So, as not to further hold up, the game, I will make amendments for those spells here.
I should have been applying all the lower level spells, as 5th level effects.

Tazskan Daardendrien Results:
  • Hellish rebuke damage on D10 (+0): 9, 10, 4, 8 (4 rolls)
  • Fireball damage on D6 (+0): 5, 2 (2 rolls)

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 854 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thomas, it is too late purchase anything now. When we return to civilization I'll be glad to help you with some magic items advice. If you are interested I can make a posting showing what your current combat info should. You could keep a screenshot of it as a cheatsheet. Let me know if that would interest you.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jul, 2018 - 3:14pm

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The main issues I see with Zarra's sheet after some analysis and recreating her in Dungeons & Dragons Beyond are:

1) Zarra is missing 1 skill proficiency (I chose Sleight of Hand since it seemed to fit her)
2) Her max HP should be 48 now, not 43 (Might be helpful in this fight especially, (Laugh))
3) Her spell save DC is 14 now, up from 13
4) She is missing an Ability Score Increase/Feat. So you can either bump her Dexterity up to 18 or pick a Feat. That should make her better at everything.
5) She has a +2 longbow and bracers of archery so if she bumps her Dexterity to 18 then her to hit is +10 and her damage is 1d8+8 with a 5d6 (Up from 4d6) sneak attack.

Other things to keep in mind for Zarra are her class features

1) Uncanny Dodge can halve incoming attack damage once per round as a reaction
2) Evasion makes her automatically take half damage from Dexterity saves and NO damage if she passes the save
3) Your Mage Hand is invisible and can be used to disarm traps, pickpocket, etc from super far away
4) Magical Ambush is her new ability and can be extremely powerful with certain spells. If you are hidden (Probably via Cunning Action - Hide) and unseen to a target, you can impose disadvantage on their saving throw against a spell you cast on them.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 27th Jul, 2018 - 3:27pm

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Seath beat me to it. I'm too slow today *wink* Thomas, I would suggest summoning a familiar when this is done. It will help you to get sneak attacks and can help scout. You can pretty much always strike with advantage when you send a familiar out to help.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 854

Sorry to barge in to this game but it will be too much to moderate with the direction recent posts have been going. Players are reminded that only legal public content can be made available for Players and it must be done by the Dungeon Master through the use of the SRD. It is the Dungeon Master that decides what should be used by players. These rules are not "Strange" they are set for specific reasons especially because publishers also monitor content. Also, posts in this game are about this game only. It is not a review for other facilities or to ask members to contact you. It is well placed what everyone has agreed to before joining but I will share it here again: Constructive Posting Policy and RPG Etiquette. There is a classifieds option that is available in the community should you wish to link to commercial content. Should you have specific questions feel free to ask in your introduction.

27th Jul, 2018 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 854

The Quiet Shadow says...

Thanks Seath, I'll see about updating my character sheet now. I think, even though I would like to look to the feats and consider choosing from such, bumping Zarra dexterity up to 18 for a +10 does sound really nice at the moment. All things considered.

Kyrroeth, if you want to create a summary of my combat information once I'm done that would be appreciated and once we get out of here helping me come up with things for Zarra to buy would also be appreciated.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th Jul, 2018 - 5:39pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.