Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 867 of 948

Anron, one small correction. Green dragons - Page 867 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Aug, 2018 - 1:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2018 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 867

Daishain, it was a pretty tough fight. And while she and the prince had time to plan their traps and spells specifically, we did as well. Honestly, along with some clutch rolls and moves by folks, I think the big mistake was her letting us in to swap the mask. She KNEW we had that cube, and it allowed us to block her in with us, and only the prince able to join her. And the detonation of the fire trolls pretty much eliminated all those extra threats. That saved us a good amount of fighting and spell usage. I will be most interested in seeing how many of the children we ultimately saved. While I seriously doubt we saved them all (Though miracles DO happen), I think we did pretty well in that regard.

Next time I am sure we will probably have a PC or two die, rather than just drop to zero HP. You managed to kill Zarra once. Who will be the next victim? Just from his charging-in style, Poljen is a decent bet. But he is very hardy. And don't worry, he will give the 50 gold to Lawrance soon.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Aug, 2018 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Hurray! Well done everyone! I figured a green dragon would do anything to try and get away when things looked bad, so I'm glad we didn't let her get away! After she tried Misty Stepping the first time, I briefly considered casting Silence around her before the next turn while she was grappled… but then I remembered that it would drop my concentration on Polymorph: Mape. So yeah, that wouldn't have worked very well (Laugh).

Reconcile Edited: seath on 6th Aug, 2018 - 4:33am

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2018 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

That was great everyone! We fought together as a team much better than against the white dragon. It went much better for us in spite of Chuth having some great help. The Silver Blaze is truly a group to be feared.

I understand your reasoning for polymorph Daishain. Allowing some class features to work with the new form can break the game to me though. Poljen being able to keep rage as a giant ape is terrifying. The damage resistance aspect of the rage benefit would basically give Poljek over 300 hit points in effect. The lower armor class can be fixed with spells. He would have essentially 180 hit points if he ever was forced back to his normal self. There isn't much in the realm that could stand up to that. That is without considering healing, support and DPS from the rest of the group. Just a consideration. It's your game and I respect your house rules.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2018 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 867 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I have just one minor quibble with your estimates. Poljen gets to use Damage reduction only on Bludgeoning, Slashing & Piercing damage. All that magic and dragon-breath kind of stuff does full damage to him. But yeah, he is pretty darned tough! In most respects… we might see another side of him soon…

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2018 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That's true Paul. We can use a bear totem barbarian for example then. They would take half damage from almost everything.

That was a very enjoyable combat. I'm proud of our group. Poor Chuth never stood a chance *smile*.
I'm looking forward to seeing another side of Poljek. Should be fun *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 6th Aug, 2018 - 5:10pm

6th Aug, 2018 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

I'm definitely thinking a Dragonbone Bow, treated as a composite longbow, though with at least as much of an enhancement bonus as my +2 longbow that I have right now.This also giving it a range of 130 feet, 20ft more as shown in the Draconomicon.

Its cost would be that of a as composite bow +100 gp, not counting enhancement bonus. Not certain of the crafting requirements, though it would use one of the dragon's bone. It suggesting a thigh bone or similarly large bone within the book on what to use though.

Also, as I mentioned before, Dragonfang Weapons. This starting with a +1 nonmagical enhancement, plus dealing 1 point of additional energy damage based on that of the dragon from what it shows in the Draconomicon. Hmm… though Chuth's size appears to play a big part in what sort of weapon can be made, based in size. So my thoughts on making daggers seems out of the question, unless I am missing something and don't realize it.

A single tooth or claw from a dragon can be crafted into a light weapon of the same size category as the dragon, a one-handed weapon of one size category smaller, or a two handed weapon of two size categories smaller. If she was a large creature, I could have made a one handed weapon, if huge it would have to be two handed… which won't really work for a rogue.
-

A Dragon’s Eye Amulet would be interesting, though instead of a +10 enhancement bonus on Search and Spot checks, I'd have to discuss with the Dungeon Master of it maybe giving advantage of Perception checks or something similar. Same with Boots of Dragonstriding, though providing a +5 enhancement bonus on Climb and Jump checks… so again, perhaps advantage to Athletic checks unless the Dungeon Master has another idea.

Okay, I got my copy of the Dragon Magazine #332. Huh, it provides details on making dragon characters… Though that isn't what I want to check. There is the Dragoncrafter feat, to allow the crafting of dragon items, not sure if that could work for 5e. There is rules in here for using dragon parts as alternate material components for spells, creating an intelligent magic item with an adult dragon's brain.

Hmm, nothing that I am too interested in.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 6th Aug, 2018 - 7:08pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Aug, 2018 - 12:37am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 867

The Protector. says...

I'm interested in getting some dragonhide from the slain dragon. It can be crafted into a leather cloak, called a dragonhide mantle. The info from the draconomicon indicates its costs, and properties (Below).

Dragonhide Mantle: A dragon’s hide can be rendered flexible enough to wear as a cloak. Crafting a dragonhide mantle requires as much hide as a suit of hide armor, and the mantle must be created to fit the wearer’s size.
A dragonhide mantle grants the wearer resistance 5 against a specific type of energy, as appropriate to this dragon, namely. (Acid)
Resistance is treated as an extraordinary (And thus non- magical) feature of the mantle. It doesn’t stack with any other energy resistance (Of the same type) possessed by the character.
In addition, the wearer of a dragonhide mantle gains a +2 circumstance bonus on Intimidate checks against dragons.
Dragoncraft Price: 3,800 gp; Dragon Part: dragon hide; Skill:
Craft (Leatherworking); Weight:same as ordinary hide arm.

Problem, is now where do I find a leatherworker, that has this skill to make it? Needless, to say Tazskan, will be keen to help Zarra, or anyone else in carving and carting out the required materials. For this to happen.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 867

Anron, one small correction. Green dragons are poison-oriented. Black dragons are the acid ones. Either way, having a cloak of its skin would not be a bad thing, eh?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.