Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 870 of 948

Daishain, you're going to make me - Page 870 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Aug, 2018 - 6:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 870

Kyrroeth, it has only been a few of months, a year at most, at most since we recovered those eggs. As for trying to 'convert' one of the dragons… no way could ever trust it. Though the thought of any of the group riding one is kind of cool… I am hoping Poljen can be at the front of an army of giants!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

In 3.5 you only needed wizards, clerics and druids. They were so far beyond everyone else. They were better in their secondary areas than other classes were in their primary specialty.

. That I very true Paul. I thought they had done something to speed up their growth though. I cannot remember.

We need Poljen leading an army of giants and we come riding in on dragons. The Realms will be ours! I've been watching too much Game of Thrones. When those dragons breathed fire… *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Aug, 2018 - 5:47pm

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Off Topic - I remember how pure fighters in 3.5 became real Cuisinarts versus mobs, with the right feat picks. Every round was a stack of d20s as they laid waste to monster after monster. It usually needed a movement bonus item to really be effective, but still was pretty damn destructive.
Yes, that detonation of the trolls was only possible from Lia's Handy Cube. Having a cork in the corridor meant the opportunity was too good to pass up, but the AoE cascade was the big worry. If it had been larger, both Lia and Velon would have been in trouble.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 870 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah, 3.5e has an unofficial tier ranking system. Tier 1 classes with a skilled player behind the wheel could take on any role, and often do it better than classes who specialized in that role. Tier 5 classes couldn't even do the role they specialize in properly. Tier 6 were broken in some way, their core mechanics didn't even work properly (Truenamer) Wizards usually competed with cleric for the top slot of tier 1, with druid, standard erudite, and artificer in the running depending on who you ask.

Of course, they're all outdone by the "Tier 0" class, a spell to power variant Erudite. A psionic class which could learn any power and any spell he finds, and was more flexible at casting them than the wizard to boot. Really not sure what wizards of the coast was thinking with that variant rule. I'd love to play a solo game with one at some point, see just how much damage I could do with a party of 1 godlike class.

As to the half blue dragon eggs, they'd have all hatched by now, but we're still talking about infants, and will be for many years yet. I pity their caretakers when they hit toddler, let along teenager, age. Can you imagine the tantrums?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Aug, 2018 - 5:56pm

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Dai, I came across the spells in the Dragonomicon to do with dragons, and there are some I think Lawrance should try to find. Suppress Breath Weapon for one. I know what his shopping list is looking like, once back in a big town.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

All this talk of wizards and martials and power levels and I'm just over here happy with being a bard with a mandolin.

You guys kept hundreds of these crazy creautures alive?! Oh man, I hope they turn out friendly. I say we turn this one into a green omelette before it grows up and murders everything. Poppo is a great cook. He's been doing well supplying Perry with pastries.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 870

Oh and Lawrance had mentioned "If the target moves a finger". (Laugh) Unfortunately I don't think many targets have moved and suffered the BB rider effect damage. Not sure though. Seath and I have resisted the urge to really cheese that one up with a combination of an initial booming blade, dissonant whispers to make the enemy willingly run triggering the move penalty, and then hitting with two BB's from Velon and Perry allowed by Warcaster, thus triggering two more of the movement penalty damage rolls (Unless we miss, of course) *wink*

Some of these things get especially messy in Play by Post, especially, when it comes to reactions and all of that, as our wizard is certainly aware of!

EDIT: Daishain, here's a paranoid question. Does the detect magic walkabout show any magic on any of the elven prisoners? Just being paranoid that one is an enemy in disguise, is smuggling out a rare magic item, etc. Etc. Can't trust those green dragons and their servants!

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 7th Aug, 2018 - 6:27pm

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 870

Daishain, you're going to make me go back and see if I actually posted a dialog with Callahan, aren't you? Um, I will be leaving shortly and will get to it tonight. If not, just assume Poljen answers properly, please. Along with, "And since I possess no magic, I am little threat to Skyreach!"

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.