Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 872 of 948

Tazskan, is also assisting Lawrence in main - Page 872 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Aug, 2018 - 2:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 872

The fight wasn't as easy as you are making it out to be Kyr. Remember that we had somewhat of a plan this time on defeating her by 1) buying potions to help and 2) having the giant ape stop her from escaping and acting as a damage sponge. Without the two of those, this fight would've probably ended in failure.

Fighting a green dragon in her lair without preparing via potions or with some other breath weapon contingencies when she knows you are coming is a suicide mission even with 7-10 players. From what I've heard about the infamous white dragon fight, there was no real plan other than "Heal Poljen" and it ended up being a clown fiesta.

As Daishain said before, Chuth could have ran away when she felt threatened, but because we grappled her and held her in place she wasn't able to. The reason I suggested that tactic in the first place was to try and avoid fighting a dragon that used guerilla tactics against us. Their biggest threat is their mobility, and if you don't plan for a way to counter that then you are done no matter your party size. In a way, our gorilla tactics countered her guerilla tactics.

EDIT Also I believe Daishain DID pump up her hit points quite a bit there to make up for the party size. He also gave her spellcasting ability which only some dragons have. Green dragons are quite scary.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 7th Aug, 2018 - 9:43pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

No one person sucked up all of the healing this time.... .. .... .. .... .. .... .. .... .. .... .. .... ..

Also as Ky pointed out we had Lia this time for big healing vs Lora who was perhaps more versatile (As part rogue) but less of a healer.

I enjoyed both fights, and for me each had moments of doubt. It certainly depends on the player, especially when compounded with how much they are in their character's head. Half of my energy is spent looking at it only from Velon's perspective, and he had to make a lot of saves, went down once, stunned by haste twice, was worried about Lia going down that time early on, etc. Maybe Velon's stress made me as a player feel that way too! wink.gif.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I don't know. It just didn't feel like it teetered on the brink of failure. The other dragon encounters did. In the encounter versus the white dragon Lia was replaced by a trickery cleric. Healing available was very limited. To make matters worst most healing was given to everyone but Poljen. There wasn't much of a plan but noone followed it at all.

I'm not trying to argue. It's probably a matter of different viewpoints and perception. A few people were worried about a TPK after that devastating round where several characters were dropped. I wasn't worried because I knew what Lia could do. I probably played too much of a certain MMORPG. I love playing a healer trying to hold it all together. Everyone gear up as you will. I have faith in Daishain making it always challenging *smile*.

I was stressed when Lia was trapped in the cube barrier with Nerovain. Luckily her hero came to save her. Poor Velon had a terrible time with all the failed saves etc. If Lia had been in range to hit him with beacon of hope it would have helped a lot.

Seath, using polymorph to give us Mape was crucial. Chuth would have escaped most likely without the grappling. It was great fun as well. I loved her rock attack.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Aug, 2018 - 10:07pm

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2018 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 872 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fun fact: my backup character idea was one of the green kobolds if we all TPK'd on this dragon fight. I had her character sheet prepared and everything. (Laugh).

EDIT: YES! Fantastic rolls on this super important thing. I love it when the dice match the narrative. biggrin.gif.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 8th Aug, 2018 - 12:01am

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2018 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

So isn't anyone gonna help Lawrance with his attempt at a draconian Cesarean section? DC 20 is hard target.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2018 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Poljen is the only one that I know who has proficiency in nature. Unfortunately he is outside currently. I can have Mari assist you but does Lawrance have proficiency in nature?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2018 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 872

Lawrance can help with any skill using his History feat. That gives advantage and +5 to any skill attempt. If he was to try it on his own, the best he'd get is a +4.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 8th Aug, 2018 - 2:17am

8th Aug, 2018 - 2:34am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 872

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, is also assisting Lawrence in main thread with the C-section. But if Lawrence and Mari can help with advantage and die rolls all the better.

I was in both dragon fights, and Kyro is right, Lia being a more powerful healer certainly gave the players the edge, with keeping them on their feet.
We were more prepared than with the white dragon this time.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.