Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 894 of 948

Yes I have stated that he is willing and will - Page 894 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Aug, 2018 - 4:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 894

I was thinking you wanted a private meeting but if you want to do this in the middle of the market is fine but doing a healing and removal of stuff is not something to do in the middle of the market place. Maybe [I] am wrong. He is willing to talk but not be threatened.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

KN, I don't think anyone is upset about where to heal the random NPC. They are upset about Cratol basically saying, "It's your fault I tried to take the castle and then left." You/He aren't taking any personal responsibility nor are you even apologizing. You are blaming others instead.

I mean it's really quite simple, "I'm sorry for abandoning the team. I tried to take the castle out of anger and I left to clear my head. I hope you will accept my apology and allow me to continue fighting by your side. Also can you please help me heal this Salami guy."

Reconcile Edited: seath on 27th Aug, 2018 - 2:38am

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

KN, once again you are using things like "Sleep cycles" and "The healing should be private" to ignore the real matter at hand. Every word from Cratol right now is a chance to decide his fate, and all he has does is blame others and take no responsibility for himself. This little side mission isn't about this random NPC the Dungeon Master had to make up for you, it is Cratol's chance to get back onto the team. 99% of the focus should be on the matter of Cratol rejoining the team or being done, and we'll save 1% for the sick brother so we can say it was all part of the story.

You are acting as if Cratol said "Hey guys, I'm really sorry, thanks for coming. Can we talk in private?" Nope, you had Cratol say "It's all your fault". That's what you chose to do with this opportunity.

Note that I was fully ready for Velon to listen to the boy. Of course I had to stay in character and have Velon look grumpy about it at first, since you insisted on dealing with out of character issues in character. Only when you spat in our faces by having Cratol mouth off at Lia, Poljen and Velon did I post the way I did, after we've all taken a week off from this game to try to address this issue for your sake. It's not helping any of the other players in any way, that's for sure, it's all for you and you are throwing it away and giving us the middle finger in the process.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 894 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Maybe I am not saying things right. I will try again. He was not trying to blame others at all. He knew he left and he was not trying to place blast.e on others at all.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

This is why this is an out of character issue. The matter of "Where the healing should take place" is getting in the way of a real issue we are trying to resolve? Please. Waste of everyone's time.

KN, the only thing we want to hear from Cratol right now is basically your voice through him, if you insist on doing it in character. No one cares why he was upset at this point. We are WAY beyond that, or caring about healing this boy, etc. Etc. We want to hear from you that when the group addresses one another or makes a plan for an attack, you don't post "Well Cratol wasn't there so Cratol didn't know the plan so now Cratol is mad and now Cratol, not knowing the plan, ran off down the wrong tunnel and aggro'd the dragon because it's your fault that he didn't know the plan because he wasn't there so now he's really mad and is going to try to steal the castle… blah"

Barf.

I really can't believe we have to have these conversations. There's a certain amount of cooperation required for Dungeons & Dragons. We have a good Dungeon Master and some good players and we have to waste our time when people haven't even read their class or create a disruptive loner character who absolutely refuses to cooperate and the player of said character will die on that hill defending the character's actions instead of just saying (And taking action on long term…) "Cratol will cooperate with the group from now on guys so we can all enjoy a smooth game."

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 27th Aug, 2018 - 3:19am

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have already stated here that he is willing to stay and talk. I already stated he would be at meetings to help plan. He is even staying to address everyone in the marketplace and not running away. Did he leave yes. Is he willing to work this out yes. Is he willing to get attacked without defending himself? No.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 894

KN, you don't seem to understand. Cratol doesn't need to be 'willing' to talk. That puts the need for action back on us, as usual. Cratol needs to take that action and START TALKING and apologize for the things he has done. HE NEEDS TO TAKE THE ACTION of promising not to run off all of the time, whether it be when the group is having a meeting or when we are in a dungeon trying to work as a team. You/he need to step up and declare those things, but instead you are stringing us along.

NOW is the time for you to post what will be different in the future if Cratol comes back. Not tomorrow after we follow Cratol to someone's house and ask him some questions over tea… NOW IS THE TIME. The in character situation with regard to being in the market or healing being better off being done elsewhere is not important in the least. This is all just a vehicle for you to have a chance to convince us that Cratol should be able to come back. Do you think any other players care about this sick guy?

Will he run off and do his own thing in a dungeon?

Will he take some responsibility for keeping himself alive, or just run in, get wrecked like an idiot, and then call for healing in Q&A?

Will you be posting "Oops, sorry, wasn't there again"?

Will we ever have to hear that the character's 'sleep cycle' justifies poor player or character behavior again?"

How the heck does a weird sleep cycle help the character contribute to the fun at the Dungeons & Dragons 'table' anyhow? Sounds like just an excuse to be a pain, to me. (Ok maybe this question isn't critical, just glaringly obvious.)

These are the questions we need answers to NOW so we can get on with this game, not LATER because he is "Willing" IF we jump through hoops to go to an NPC's house first, etc. Etc. Etc.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 27th Aug, 2018 - 3:33am

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 894

Yes I have stated that he is willing and will be there and not go running off. I have said it before and I will say it again. He is going to be a team player.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.