Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 895 of 948

Well I have apologized for what he has done - Page 895 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Aug, 2018 - 2:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 895

This is going to be very difficult to resolve in character. He did things that would be pretty unforgivable. Abandoning your companions in their hour of need and trying to steal their transportation out is hard to get over. We will have to see what comes of this. Cratol is in a position where he needs to beg for forgiveness in my opinion. Blaming others for his actions instead will not turn out well.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Well I knew this would not be easy. Begging may not be in the cards.

He will be at meetings

He will be a team player

He will not run off in a fight.

He will not beg.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 27th Aug, 2018 - 5:21am

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 5:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well, this really paints us into a corner. You don't feel that Cratol would beg or plead for forgiveness for his serious offenses. Several players in this group will feel that their characters would not accept him back into the fold without some serious pleading and contrition. He isn't coming off as very apologetic at all in my opinion.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 6:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 895 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Well if that is what comes out of it then it happens and I will withdraw from the game. He is not a beggar.

This is not just Cratol./ This is something none of my characters will ever do. They are not beggers and it is not in my nature to beg. If you wish Cratol to beg to be let back in I can tell you that it is not something that will happen. That is me. So if begging is something you wish to see him do it will not happen just to be clear on that. Ask yourself if your characters would ever beg. He will apologize for what he did. He will do what is needed to be welcomed back in besides begging.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 27th Aug, 2018 - 6:14am

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 8:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

While [Kn] could certainly have worded it better, he was explaining that [Cratol] left because at the time he didn't understand the mistrust, and perhaps still doesn't, not blaming the group for him leaving. I think the reaction was overblown, if understandable under the circumstances.

Kn, I can understand a character having enough pride to never go to their knees and beg. However, under the circumstances, Cratol should be well aware by now that he owes the others one hell of an apology. Much more contrition than simply saying he's no longer proud of some things he did would be warranted.

Does he need an in character push for that to happen? Sylmae would be distressed enough by this turn of events to say something.

Let me put it this way. Cratol took actions that if done in an army, would have him quickly tried and executed. That isn't at stake here, but you can't expect shrugging and going "Oops" to fix the problem.

Please work with me here, this is a really dumb way to lose someone I know can be a good player.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

KN, Daishain said it far better than I did. I didn't mean to get on his hands and knees begging for forgiveness. It was a very serious offense. Cratol is almost acting as if he was the one done wrong.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 895

I'm starting to be a bit torn because KN is saying some of the things that need to be said now about not be disruptive in the future. My problem is that Cratol's attitude is still pretty crappy, he's mouthing off at Lia and Velon (Comments about being the boss, etc.) and I feel like we are putting in WAY too much work to twist the arm of the player just for him to finally say things indicating that the character won't be disruptive. As usual, the non-Cratol players are doing most of the heavy lifting with regard to role play and making the group function. (I'm not talking about combat.) 95% of the effort here should be by the player that rage quit, not by the rest. We've done plenty, even just by showing up for this 'side quest'.

Note that clearly I'm not the only one who feels this way, it appears to be a majority, at least. On that note, I also receive private communication from folks and a big theme there is that we have wasted a lot of time on this and people would like to get back to the actual campaign. With that in mind, I am about to post that we move on without Cratol. If Cratol actually has some sincere stuff to say that doesn't involve "I'm sorry YOU guys feel… "and "I'm sorry YOU guys gave me dirty looks… "now is the time while Velon and the team are still within earshot. Otherwise we are all quite unimpressed so far with his general attitude, despite a few reluctant words we've eventually squeezed out of the player. You wanted to do it in character, KN, so now Cratol has to actually sell the gang on it in character.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2018 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 895

Well I have apologized for what he has done and he is taking responsibility for his actions. While I am not good at this I am trying. I have told you here that he has changed and even in the main game. I will wait to see what happens now.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.