Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 897 of 948

I don't have much time at the moment, - Page 897 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Aug, 2018 - 8:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2018 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 897

Perry will hide a sweet cheese pastry, one of his favorites, in the wizard vault for safe keeping.

Sponsored Links:
28th Aug, 2018 - 12:55am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I still have my shopping to get done, or at least decide such Out of Character since I put done that Zarra did go shopping with the others.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 28th Aug, 2018 - 12:55am

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2018 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cinder, I apologize for not clarifying that post. It is not just the Cratol issue that is on Poljen's mind right now. He is in a bit of a funk, primarily because feels that whenever he offers an opinion on a tactical decision, his advice is not taken. I had been hoping we might do another Side Story post like the time Lia and Velon spoke with Poljen after Perry joined the team. I should have made that all clear and I did not due to some weak circumstances I won't use as a lame excuse. Instead I will apologize once more my oversight. I am sorry for getting you worked up over something that should have been seen as a chance for some Role-playing during the travel time.

28th Aug, 2018 - 2:57am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 897 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, wouldn't mind a staff of the python, its uncommon, but at least it isn't a rare item. On this recent stop, to pick up Cratol and his companions.

But he will wait until we reach an appropriate place, like Citadel Adbar, Lantan, or Nimbral, to put in his order for a +1 green dragon cloak. Which I haven't forgotten about.

But, is well aware of the priorities of the correct usage of the "Sky castle," which is not going on individual errands, for player character's whims.

Out of character, I'm happy that Cinder, has accepted KN's character back into the fold. Albeit, there seems to still be some caveats.

In character, Tazskan heralding from a warlike, dragonborn heritage, would feel a bit annoyed.
Particularly, when presented a choice himself, to go back to his homeland, or go and fight a green dragon, appropriately choose the dragon. Which is higher up the priority stakes, for him.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2018 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Paul I appreciate your post and your good intensions here.

I need a day or so to think about all of this. I'm not even sure I want to play Velon any more, first off. First, I give up my own player agency to help resolve issues like this thing with Cratol because it's quite clearly what the Dungeon Master wants and expects us to do, then we get the game going again and I have to deal with other characters being mad about something I/we just did purely for out of character reasons. I'm thus being punished twice for KN's issues, having to role play stuff I have no interest in role playing twice in the process. If my job as the LG paladin, veteran of the party, and one of the leaders is just to use my character to clean up out of character drama, then work to clean up the resulting in character drama, does that sound like much fun to anyone? I sure don't think so.

Also, Paul, I appreciate that you want to role play true to Poljen and generally welcome doing a side story together and/or with Ky. I actually wish we had done one or two more, and/or had taken the one immediately after taking the castle a bit further because it was regarding concerns about Cratol being a liability. We may have been able to address some of our current issues back then.

Anyhow, how many times do we have to role play the "If you don't follow my plan every time I'm going to be upset" song and dance though? Wasn't the last thing we did right before the Chuth storyline go on a mission that was completely all Poljen's idea, not even something that Dungeon Master designed, something no one else really understood the purpose of, but we did anyway for you and for Poljen?

I was hoping having the same opinions on the Cratol issue would be a way to RP Velon and Poljen working together a bit better going forward, but it seems we might just be in for another trip around the same ol' block. Is the only way to break that pattern to go along with Poljen's plans even when the party consensus is that we have a better option? There are quite a few heads here, and it's unlikely to all 100% one person's plan very often.

Everyone, I would REALLY love to take a break from RP'ing drama and dealing with out of character issues to just play some Dungeons & Dragons, have Velon joke around with Lia and Perry and anyone else willing, and go kill some GD dragons and stuff. What do you say? It would be nice if this game became fun again in the process, even. Part of me would like to keep Velon, because I enjoy the relationship with Lia, even the weird brotherhood of bickering yet mutual appreciation with Poljen (Which I would like to evolve, not just repeat forever), the fact that Velon's been around since Greenest and knows most of the party's history and all of the NPC's they've met and much more. I'm just not sure because the way this party currently functions isn't much fun for me.

I thus ask you all this. We just went through a whole mess for KN and Daishain. We did a side mission right before Chuth for Paul. People have helped newer players figure out their stats and their spells and their combat abilities. Can you all do something for me now and can we take a break from the "My character is upset about everything" storylines and try to just do fun things for a bit? One rule of thumb there for all is, when thinking of character development and crafting a post, asking yourself "Am I adding to the fun of the game for others with this character, this role play, this action, these words?" or is it just "Being true to my character" even though it doesn't actually add to the fun of the game for people? Ideally all characters would be people you could role play and stay true to AND add to the enjoyment of the game for others consistently. Dungeons & Dragons should never be about or for the sake of just the individual player.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 28th Aug, 2018 - 3:32am

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2018 - 6:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Perry isn't hiding diddly-squat in the vault, since it's existence isn't common knowledge and only Poppo and Lawrance can access it. biggrin.gif
As far as it's contents, only the cursed items are in there at the moment, since we've nothing else of significant value to hold. I believe we've turned over all the masks. If not, one of them may be in there, as well. The castle's funds are in the wizard lab vault for easy access.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2018 - 6:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 897

What if I tell you that it's a cursed pastry. The curse is that it goes straight to my thighs.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2018 - 8:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 897

I don't have much time at the moment, but I wished to apologize for my part in all of this. The mess with Cratol was considerably more divisive than I had anticipated, and I am deeply sorry for effectively forcing that on you guys.

Managing drama is one thing that I have never been able to do well.

It is my intention that we get back to playing after this. I think this next chapter will be enjoyable for everyone.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 28th Aug, 2018 - 8:20am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.