Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 903 of 948

In Taz's post 1.3 days ago he said - Page 903 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Sep, 2018 - 12:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2018 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 903

If you really want to telegraph our intentions to the gnome, who is no doubt watching the mages wander about in the courtyard between the maze and tower, when we start dropping rocks on troops while they are still unaware, we also shoot the ballistas at the mages. That ought to send a message to all parties.

Sponsored Links:
4th Sep, 2018 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #
Morgaine
Fighter
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Lady of the Water says...

We have several options to work with, it just figuring out the best way to use them in the long run. With the gnome being an illusionist, I'd say that yes, the maze would more than likely change or confuse those in it and not lead them to the front door. If the dragon is our main goal then maybe we should concentrate our efforts there, that may make the rest of enemies down there to surrender.
Also, IF we decide to send ground troops in, Morgaine would be honored to be by Poljen's side and fight with him *smile*.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2018 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Its a tough decision for the approach here I know. Let me know what you want to do and we'll get things rolling.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2018 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 903 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I feel like this akin to jumping off of a cliff without knowing if the water below is one foot deep or twenty feet deep. We have so little information.

1) If we send a spy crew down it could work out really well to get a bit of info, but we will be one critical fail on a deception roll away from being in the 'Cyanwrath will trade your friends for the castle and your surrender' scenario. I'm not sure we should risk being one D20 roll away from the demise of the Silver Blaze for a mission that we still don't really know the purpose of. Why are we here? Is there something valuable in this tower? Sure, killing Cyanwrath would be nice, but are we going to risk Zarra and Mari and Perry's necks for it?

2) We haven't bothered to fly the familiars in a pattern around the tower for a while to understand where the edges of this anti magic zone are, so we can't really take the team to the ground. As Paul pointed out, getting the castle too close to an anti-magic field could also be disastrous.

Thus I guess we just bomb and see how they react for lack of anything actually strategic to do, and try to stay far away from this A-M-Zone?

Edit: Perhaps a version of Mari’s plan where the whole team goes down and just tries to snatch a soldier or two that goes to the edge of the battlefield to relieve himself is a bit less risky?

I still think super familiars like Amabalis should be able to gather more info.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 5th Sep, 2018 - 2:41am

5th Sep, 2018 - 3:14am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

I had just given the order for Tazskans pseudodragon, to fly a lot closer, but in a non-threatening way around the tower in question.
I'm still waiting for Dai, to indicate if anything happened? Or what the familiar is seeing?

Because I lost contact with the familiar, when he was closer to the cultist army. Also due to the fact, the psueudodragon actually flew closer to the tower.
As something or some magic? Spooked him?

It makes sense to continue a search pattern much closer to the actual Gnomes tower.
I agree with you Cinder, we still have not got a lot of intel, on either this Cyanwrath, or Gnome character yet?

I feel that we need much more intel, before we go ahead with a "Bombing run," anyhow.
There is most definitely something of value inside the tower, or has enough power, to have consequences, that could turn this world upside down. To think, that Cyanowrath has enough trouble getting through the front door with magic at their disposal.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 5th Sep, 2018 - 3:19am

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2018 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Honestly, Amabalis should be able to report back to Taz even if the mental link gets disconnected. Pseudodragons have 10 INT and 12 Wisdom, they aren't normal pets. It should be able to go down, figure out where the magical dead spots are, and what the locations of the soldiers are, then report back to Taz with the images it saw.

Daishain, is that reasonable? He did specifically take Pact of the Chain over other powerful pacts for this specific purpose. Just seems wrong to get no information out of the poor thing, but obviously you are free to say no if there's something we still don't know that's preventing this.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2018 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 903

Amabalis is certainly capable of investigating and reporting back. Only reason I had him heading back right away last time is I figured the thing would be spooked by the suddenly severed connection.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2018 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 903

In Taz's post 1.3 days ago he said he sent Amabalis back towards the tower to explore further, after the initial scare of getting cut off. He has reinforced that here more recently.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.