Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 906 of 948

It would be totally out of character for Tazskan, - Page 906 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Sep, 2018 - 11:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2018 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 906

My thought is that if the mages attack the tower in the day they would need to rest at night. If we can do a surprise attack on the camp aiming more for where the mages are sleeping we can hurt the army a lot. Take away their major fire power and then see what is left after the bombardment. Granted we will not kill them all but if we kill more that 1/3 of the force we have wounded them greatly. If we also focus on the entrance to the camp we keep them more inside. Just a thought thinking of how to hurt them bad without exposing ourselves.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2018 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Well, depending on what our turtle-captive tells us, and depending on possible reinforcements, I think if we decide to attack, our best bet is to have the castle slowly move into position, then start dropping boulders on the camp. As the chaos erupts, the Blaze would be nearby watching for opportunities. And when the troops make a break for the gate, drop a fireball or two. Drive them back into the camp as best we can. Maybe even bring Callahan and his folks down to help keep them from escaping over the spiked walls.

Daishain, I assume the spikes are essentially large branches and tree boles that have been hewed into sharp points and driven into the ground right?

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2018 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well depending on how long they have been here the earthen works and the defenses will be upgraded and more placed in making it more likely than not that there will be only one good way in or out thus a choke point that yes we can use to our advantage and keep most of them in as we bombard them.

8th Sep, 2018 - 12:45am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 906 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

There are two organizations in Faerun that follow Bahamut. That we could make enquiries about requesting help?

Talons of justice, many of its members are paladins, and a few paladin knights. Are pure of heart and deed, would help eachother and protect the lesser races. Able to convert their foes instead of killing them. Violence was used as a last resort.

Platinum cadre, an order of dragornborn paladins, knights and priests. Allowed interested good individuals of other races to join their ranks.They are each sworn to the servive of Bahamut, and worshiped him. They believe, that ancient dragonborn were the children of the dragon god Bahamut himself.

We can probe a bit more with the cultist campsite, before considering ways to attack it, or bombard them? In case your wondering Tazskan, is a mere "Believer" of the Platnium Cadre's teachings, tenants (Hence Bahamut), and not bound by any oaths, or membership, in that organisation. After all he is a warlock.

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2018 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay we need to wrap this up. This interrogation does not need to take days to resolve. You guys have already seen the answers to the last 2 questions.

Feel free to keep asking questions, but let's move on with other things too.

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2018 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

As I see it, we have essentially 3 options at this point.

First, we decide this whole endeavor is not worth any more effort. Without more solid information on the forces opposing us, every option is problematic. We don't know what would happen if we try any of the various attack options that have been discussed. So we can bail on it, but we give up opportunities to deal another blow to the Cult by maybe wiping out the forces here, and also possibly recruiting another powerful ally in the gnome in the tower. Though I would feel really foolish if it turned out the gnome had either another of the masks, or even that Horn we seek.

Second, we request more troops from our patrons to assist in an attack. The biggest risk I see there is while it has taken the enemy much time, effort and resources to even get into maze, we do not know how long it will take for them to crack the tower. Maybe a day, maybe never. Again, we don't know. If our request for reinforcements is granted, while we wait we might lose our chance. If all they want to do is get in, grab whatever artifact they seek and leave, they might get in and be gone before we can act. If we go with this option, I would suggest at a minimum we have in place a plan to attack if we see them breach the tower. My worry there is if they start inside the tower and we attack the camp, they may just ignore us. At best they send some of their mages out of the maze to help their troops, while the rest stay inside. After all, those inside won't be able to magically attack us, and we won't be able to magically attack them. Though theoretically ballista bolts would still pass the magic barrier and do damage… theoretically. Oh, and maybe they have their own reinforcements en route… another dragon, perhaps…

Third, we attack while we have a chance (Or if our request for help is denied or at least delayed and we think they are getting into the tower). While I am sure everyone expects Poljen to advocate for this course, Paul also thinks it our best bet. We have a decent plan to bottle up the troops in the fort using boulders from above and various means on the ground (Silver Blaze, Callahan and company, etc.). We can even have a group off to the side, ready to lay into any mages that come outside. Hopefully the gnome sees what we are up to and uses more of his magic to assist us in the fray. We could even attack at dawn or dusk, during mealtime when the troops cluster around mess tents. Another possible angle on this is to have a sneaky group try to infiltrate the maze so when the doo-doo hits the fan, we can really be ready to delay the mages coming out, should they even try to.

Thus my two copper pieces worth of thoughts on the situation…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Sep, 2018 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 906

I vote we group up near the army on the ground, have the castle drop rocks, then decide what to do once we see what happens. We use Taz’s familiar to keep in constant touch with the castle, and issue orders based on the situation. If the mages come against the castle en masse, then we send it away and see what we can do.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 9th Sep, 2018 - 10:33pm

9th Sep, 2018 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 906

The Protector. says...

It would be totally out of character for Tazskan, to accept option 1, or withdraw from the situation. I even believe it could even apply with the blaze.
Option 2, requesting more troups is a possibility also. But could take more time? Don't forget Velon has a hotline to Silas and company. As I mentioned to Velon in character earlier, dragonborn paladins should respond favorably, to both him and his dragon allies.
Option 3, Is doable with some careful planning, by attacking the cultists from multiple fronts. With the element of supprise, and eliminating the cultist escape options, or bottle-neck them. Supprise, meaning we do pick, the best time to attack when the majority of them are asleep, or resting.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.