Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 908 of 948

Now you're just trolling Paul regarding - Page 908 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Sep, 2018 - 6:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2018 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 908

Sorry, forgot initiative. Too bad we don't have an area Silence spell from someone, hmm?
SA - Rolling initiative. I gather we'll do one round at a time?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2018 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

While walking the dog I just had a realization. The rules lawyer in me noticed that as Poljen charges through the patrol towards the leader (Or other target… maybe someone drops him first), some may get an Attack of Opportunity on him. Since I decided Poljen's attacks on whomever his target may be would be Reckless, I said the AoOs on him would have Advantage, though offset by his animal totem ability. But since those AoOs would happen BEFORE he got his attacks in, technically his form is not Reckless yet. Therefore they would suffer the Disadvantage from his totem ability.

That said, in the spirit of the game, if Daishain wants to invoke the Reckless anyway, I have no problem with it. I kind of like the idea that even his charging is Reckless enough to invoke that!

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2018 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Who has the stone of silence as that could come in very handy with the leader if close to them from sounding that horn.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2018 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 908 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Another idea is to have a our rogue try and steal the horn. I was going to have Perry try to steal it since he is pretty good with his Sleight of Tail, but I figured putting them to sleep was better to avoid them running away for help.

Zarra in particular has a sick subclass ability called Mage Hand Legerdemain that would be perfect for this situation. I'm not sure if Thomas is still playing though.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2018 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon has the stone, but he probably would have preferred to give it to Poljen or Cratol or someone who can get to the horn guy faster and he'll use the range of Hold Person if necessary. The stun is a fantastic ability and I'd love to see it work out here for you KN as it's a perfect situation for it.

Poljen is going to be so mad when Velon listens to Cratol more for tactics, since he (Or KN) had suggested Hold Person, used Stun, and suggested the stone all in this scenario versus just charging in before any spells can be cast.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2018 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah with my speed I can be much quicker than Poljen. I am almost the same move speed as a horse without using a ki point. So that helps a lot. If a horse manages to try and escape. Yeah having the stone would be great as long as it does not require attunement.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2018 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 908

Daishain, because Perry somehow miraculously matched Poljen's initiative, he wins the tiebreaker because of his slightly higher initiative mod, right? In that case, I'd like to get my Hypnotic Pattern off on all the horse riders including the leader before any allies get into the area of effect. At the very least it will surprise him enough and put him to sleep for a bit so that he can't reach for the horn immediately before Poljen begins the pummeling, assuming he fails his saving throw that is.

EDIT: Ah, perhaps not. Poljen's was a [Critical Hit] initiative roll so I could see the ruling that he gets there first. Though I will point out that crits on skill checks aren't a thing in RAW 5e! Not a huge deal either way though. My main goal is to NOT catch Poljen in my spell. A sleeping barbarian wouldn't be very useful, (Laugh).

Reconcile Edited: seath on 13th Sep, 2018 - 6:44pm

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2018 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 908

Now you're just trolling Paul regarding the speed thing. I love it. It has come up several times before. You know he won't be able to resist pointing out that Poljen is still very fast too, though. Cue the debate over who does what with a bonus action and how many miles Poljen and Cratol would have to run before Cratol runs out of Ki and Poljen eventually passes him, etc. Etc. Etc. It will be like Superman and the Flash racing at the end of that really bad movie that came out a couple of years ago *wink*

Should be a good read for the rest of us. Maybe we can get some more math lessons.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.