Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 909 of 948

Just give him "Polychromatic" meteor - Page 909 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 14th Sep, 2018 - 7:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2018 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 909

I accidentally put this in the Main Thread… sorry.

Hey, if you all want to read that as Poljen rushing out before everyone is ready, be my guest. But I wrote it as him waiting for the patrol to be in range, then assumed we were attacking as a group. What else would he do but target their primary goal (Horn Guy), and draw as much enemy attention as possible? That's his job, right? I just thought I'd jump-start the attack postings.

I know that with all the magic the group possesses/wields, it is quite possible Horn Guy will be neutralized before Poljen gets there, though Initiative could have an effect. I love the Stunning Strike, Hold Person spell, Hypnosis, etc! Heck, if Init rolls made his charge completely unnecessary you would not hear me complain… though Poljen would feel a wee bit of disappointment, while also complimenting the efficacy. And since this appears to be just a standard patrol, hopefully these guys all fail their saves. But there are enough that some might resist, so having the big lug in the thick of things should help out.

It is better for bad guys to waste good rolls in resisting spells, etc., instead of them having roll well for attacks!

And having just looked at the Monk table, I would no longer argue that Cratol is faster than Poljen…

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 13th Sep, 2018 - 7:07pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2018 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

(Laugh), just playful teasing on my end. My main concern was not catching Poljen up in my spell as that wouldn't be much fun.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2018 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen and Cratol might be the fastest in the group. They aren't fast enough to outrun an arrow however. Lia will sit back and let her bow do the work. Men. Shaking my head *wink*.

14th Sep, 2018 - 9:49am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 909 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Well that's one patrol down, what does everyone want to do now?
Take out the two patrols busy hunting through the woods?

I don't think we need to drop rocks and stones yet,on the main camp, as we still have the advantage. No one yet is alerted to our presence, so it seems?

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2018 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

From the effectiveness of our attacks, we have the option of taking down the rest of the patrols as easily, unless there's a joker in the deck. It just leaves us with prisoners galore, which makes for a hard issue. Also, the patrols will be missed after a few hours during shift change. Now, if we could somehow take out the entire army, 8 men at a time…

Dai,
A ruling request - If a wizard (Not naming names) wants to change a single prepared spell out for another, is it possible to do so after a short rest? How many levels of spells could be changed in this fashion? The only rules AFAIK is one minute must be spent per spell level after a long rest to prepare a spell list for the whole day, and that would be upwards of 30 levels of spells for Lawrance.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 14th Sep, 2018 - 4:10pm

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2018 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sorry, neglected to make my intimidation roll. Thanks Mari for the help. I imagine Poljen won't be shy about such things either!

Test:
"Well, well, well… "

Gkight, you have a typo above. You spelled 'house rule to make wizards even more powerful' as a 'ruling' on existing rules, or lack there of for a situation. It may have been autocorrect *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 14th Sep, 2018 - 6:15pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2018 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 909

No doubt Velon. That's one of the few advantages sorcerers have over wizards is they can cast any of their known spells. They have a much much smaller pool of spells to pull from however. This would make wizards pull away even further from sorcerers. While we are doing this how about clerics as well! I'll take a power boost if we are handing them out *wink*.

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2018 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 909

Just give him "Polychromatic" meteor swarm as a 4th level spell and let's be done with the idea *wink*

Where did that 'polychromatic bolt' spell come from, anyhow?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.