Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 914 of 948

Okay, so we know at least the initial route. - Page 914 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Sep, 2018 - 7:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2018 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 914

Time out. Did the first fountain we saw have zero circles or one circle? Is the pattern of number of circles seen 0-1-2-3 or 1-1-2-3. The latter would seem to indicate that the initial choice of the yellow path didn't get us anywhere, thus going in the order of the original plinth is working.

For your information you guys are probably going to have to finish this maze without me at this pace once the rest of life gets in the way soon.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2018 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

1123 is what you seem to recall.

In any case, I do apologize for any problems with the pace, I'm trying to move things along quickly so it doesn't drag, and have already stripped the maze down compared to how I ran it in person.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2018 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Okay, I have to admit I am totally thrown off. I thought that we first found a plinth that was NOT at an intersection,it just had some stones set in a particular order (Red, green, yellow, blue, I think). Then we came to the first intersection where there was a fountain, and the other paths out were the listed colors. The fountain contained a creature that bit Perry's tail. It had no eyes or other features, save for a toothy maw and long flexible neck.

We went down the yellow path and came to a nearly identical set-up. This time an eye-less head popped up and spit acid. This is why I thought the creatures looked different, since we actually saw a head, as opposed to just a mouth. We also learned the first fountain had 1 circle on it, this second has 2 circles. We went down the red path this time. Or did we? I guess we started down red, then stopped. Poljen got hit by acid, and we have opted for green now, I think. We have found a fountain with 3 circles.

Now, assuming that is all correct, I think I had been assuming we went down red then got spit on by ANOTHER acid blaster. Dai, can you please confirm this is the correct course we have followed, or not? I don't want to labor under any more misapprehensions. Thank you.

I guess we are going with the theory of finding increasing circle markings. I am just worried that we will need to backtrack to the first fountain, and start with red there, since the plinth order was red, green, yellow, blue. Oh, and I will roll a handful of Perception rolls here… Dai, use them in the proper order from here on out please.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2018 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 914 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

At this point, you've seen 5 fountains, the first had 1 circle at the base, you went down amber to find a fountain with 1 circle at the base, scarlet led to 2, forest green to 3, and just now, amber to 4.

Each time you've seen the creature it has looked the same, sorry if my choice of words led you to think otherwise.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2018 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay. Then I think someone, Lawrance if I recall, has the right of it. We DID get looped back… so now we should try blue I guess.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 21st Sep, 2018 - 5:29pm

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2018 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Actually we did get looped back magically when we first picked yellow the first time because the circles stayed at one. The original fountain had one circle, and when we chose Yellow first, which was incorrect, it stayed at 1 circle. It started iterating up when we chose Red and started doing it the right way.

EDIT: Beat me with the edit but we got it now!

Reconcile Edited: seath on 21st Sep, 2018 - 5:33pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2018 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 914

The problem comes when we get rest - do we get reset halfway through the path, or does it happen only after we reach the fountain? If it happens halfway through, we can't come back, and will have to progress to the four circle fountain first, before we try the next colour. Once we find out if the next colour gives a fifth circle, then we will have a solution.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2018 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 914

Okay, so we know at least the initial route. At least as it was laid out before we backtracked. So I still think we should use the number of circles to tell us which color to take away from that fountain.

If the group wants to rest, Poljen will do it. But when we take too long at a fountain, we get attacked. Maybe if we take too long anywhere in the maze, bad things happen.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.