Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 93 of 948

You would likely be facing in the wrong direction. - Page 93 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Mar, 2017 - 11:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 93

On an unrelated topic… Daishain, for something I am working on for another game, can you give me the details no that sword (Currently being wielded by Targul) that was able to do full damage to Poljen in the first battle, please? Thanks!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That is a basic magic Greatsword, +1 to attack and damage. Nothing particularly special about it otherwise.

Before you bring it up, I made a mistake in that fight. I could have sworn the Rage feature said it granted resistance to "Slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing damage from nonmagical weapons."

Those last three words are on every other source of physical damage reduction I can think of, and I can't come up with a good reason for the omission given how tough barbarians already are.

I don't think I'm going to just nerf it, especially not midgame. But I might think about ways to bypass it for future encounters. There should be a way for enemies to stand some small chance against a raging Poljen without using spells.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Mar, 2017 - 5:39pm

7th Mar, 2017 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

"Slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing damage from nonmagical weapons."
The only thing that comes to mind with those exact words is the Heavy Armor Master feat.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 93 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Resistance to physical damage from nonmagical weapons is the second most common type in the MM. Second only to poison immunity. On review it seems the only other entries that share the wording used for the Barbarian would be certain swarms.

That plus the basic DR in 3.5 and PF only working against magic and magic weapons… it just wasn't what I was expecting to read, and so I read what I expected. It has since been discovered and corrected, and the difference did not cost you guys anything lasting.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Mar, 2017 - 6:46pm

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I can actually think of one good reason. Because once you get past a certain level, most of the bad guys are wielding enhanced weapons, and then the special benefit of Rage Damage Resistance is useless. As for ways around it, magic and other forms of damage come to mind. Cyanwrath's weapon did half damage but the fire aspect was taken in full. And I was so worried those lizards would unleash their lightning on him… thank you for the correction.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm concerned about Sar'ai climbing the rope over the wall. Nyzahr hasn't informed anyone of what she is doing. She is a unknown tiefling and probably isn't highly trusted. Now she throws a rope over the wall that we are struggling to defend. Sar'ai is to all appearances an enemy soldier climbing the wall with the help of a traitor if she climbs it. I don't know how she reveals herself where no one shoots from either side. The only way we don't shoot at her disguised as she is would be pure metagaming. She would be the top priority target to shoot climbing a rope over the wall. Just my thoughts on it.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Mar, 2017 - 11:36pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 93

I was waiting for someone to post or for 4 hours to elapse from my last post. Can Poljen see Nyzahr doing this? He will most definitely react if he can.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2017 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 93

You would likely be facing in the wrong direction. She's south of the tower, you moved north from it to engage people at the gate.

Had you planned on changing your action for last round? I can probably work it in.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Mar, 2017 - 11:39pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.