Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 96 of 948

I agree that there is no proof of a connection - Page 96 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Mar, 2017 - 4:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
9th Mar, 2017 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 96

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Well, that was a bunch of horrible rolls. All of Sar'ai's plans thus far this fight have completely failed. She will be in a corner somewhere if you need her. [..]

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2017 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Just a note for Targul and Sar'ai to consider, Onthar is calling for everyone to pull back to the second barricade rather than engage at the gate. Remaining in melee range of the gate is liable to be very dangerous when they start pouring through, not least because it looks like the defenders are preparing to saturate the incoming people with arrows.

And its all right Sar'ai, everyone has moments where they just don't shine. I don't want to swear she'll get her chance shortly, but it is quite likely.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Mar, 2017 - 2:52pm

9th Mar, 2017 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yeah, Sar'ai will definitely be heading for the next fallback point seeing as her attempt at attacking anything at the gate resulted in not doing that.

9th Mar, 2017 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 96 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Back and ready for action. One issue I was having is that I misplaced the charger for my laptop but it is found so I will see where everything is and what I need to have Geoffroy do in the current situation.

10th Mar, 2017 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

I would like to remind some people that the contents of the letter were known only to Sar'ai and whoever read it when Elanna dropped it off. If an attack on outlying "Smaller" camps was in fact what some of the party wanted to do, then stronger cases should have been made or people should have struck out on their own.

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I was under the impression since we discussed what to put in the letter, we discussed it in character. But if we did not, then none of us know what was in that letter, so it can really be cause for suspicion. "What did Sar'ai put in that letter that brought them in force?" Adding to it Sar'ai's decision to be outside the walls when they arrived, which was not communicated to us ahead of time, nor did we even know they were coming until the alarm sounded, makes Sar'ai's actions very questionable.

I (As Poljen) made my case for going out to scout and possibly attack the smaller camp or the lizards, but not enough were in agreement, so we did not do it. Right about now Poljen feels his way would have been smarter, and has commented on it. As other people have used being in character to justify actions or comments, I am doing the same.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Mar, 2017 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 96

I don't disagree that Sar'ai's actions of the last few minutes are suspect, and can definitely lead to some interesting debate. But there wouldn't necessarily be any reason to believe that the letter she sent and the arrival of the army would be related, mainly as this force is much larger than anything anyone saw from the scouting that was done.
Again, I am of the full belief this encounter was unavoidable and little could have been done to hinder them.

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 96

I agree that there is no proof of a connection between the letter and the arrival of the army. But from Poljen's point of view, the small encampment(S) did not seem to be getting particularly mobilized when he viewed them via pigeon. The letter is delivered via owl (Man are birds useful or what?), then overnight boom! They are here, in greater force. It might be coincidental, but it might be related. When the army was first spotted, Poljen simply felt the letter stirred them to action, possibly in conjunction with the anti-magic field going down. Hence him feeling vindicated for the plan he offered.

But when we assemble at the gate, Sar'ai is nowhere to be seen. The fighting begins, and suddenly as we fall back we find out Sar'ai was outside, without having informed us. Poljen is widely recognized for being impulsive, so when invisibility was given him he decided to take advantage of it for a surprise attack. The others knew he was there at the gate, and moving out thanks to Cyanwrath's comments towards him. Sar'ai is seen, by Poljen at least, as very methodical, wanting to plan everything out step by step. If Sar'ai was out there, why not tell us?

As a player I get it all, but Poljen right now feels that Sar'ai has not been completely forthright with the Blaze. Everyone is entitled to secrets, but not when they threaten the team. WE can hopefully hash this out in character whenever we all get inside the fort and hopefully get to rest.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.