Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 15 of 91

I graciously accept the praise given by the - Page 15 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 1:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 91 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 15

Theaton looks at Tyg speaking common says, "Tyg this is Jesla she is part of our group now and is a big help towards making this place safe for all. Jesla this is Tyg, her and her friends are a big help scouting around the area and reporting to me what they find." Switching to Sylvan he says, "I have missed you too."

Sponsored Links:
17th Jan, 2017 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Ignoble says...

"I'd recommend you stay within sight of your mother young man" Mykael admonishes the boy, though lightly and without much of an edge to his tone "This is a dangerous place to go wandering off as I'm sure you now understand."

Arriving at the Tannersen residence Mykael watches with satisfaction as the boy's mother smothers him "He managed to wander quite a ways" he replies to statement "And we were fortunate that my comrades happened by. Had they not, things may have turned out differently." Mykael explains what happened to the boys mother trying to calm her if she gets too upset by the threat that her son was under by explaining that it's over now and the boy safe but the child must understand that the frontier is a very dangerous place.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2017 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

As we ride into the settlement, I call for a meeting of the cavalry archers. During it I inform them that we have had come upon a group of trolls in our region.

"You each know your capabilities and should know what tier of threat you are capable of handling as a unit. If success isn't likely, I would rather you return to the settlement alive and allow those of us in leadership positions to handle the situation. If you perish while out there, chances are we won't find out for a long time as it currently stands, thus we will also be instituting scheduled patrols where rough paths and perimeters are followed. If the worse should happen, this additional step should make it much more likely that we can recover your bodies and hopefully avenge you."

I then task one team with going to Theaton's house the next day to give him and Jesla the message that we have not yet finished our duties as leaders for the month and need them to return.

At our meeting I suggest, "We should consider claiming the area to our northeast, where the Thorn River meets the Shrike River, as soon as possible. That area should be allocated for farming as its initial improvement and have additional improvements added as necessary - likely a fishery, to support reduced consumption."

I then ask, "How is the quarry near our settlement coming along? Before I forget, I don't believe we ever actually set where the dance hall and housing should be built. I move to have the dance hall built in B3 with the required housing built in B4."

Out of Character: Sounds fair!

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2017 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 15 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Jesla smiles at the grig. " Hello Tyg. It is nice to meet you. " She studies the creature curiously. " Theaton, how do you have such interesting friends? Your home is fascinating. I never know what I'll find next. "

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2017 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Theaton tells Jesla. "We will rest here for the night and then in the morning head back to town. I know we still have more work to do at the main fort. I will need to make sure we get that work finished. I just needed to visit my house for a night." He shows her where she can bed down for the night before cooking a nice supper for them. After cleaning up he will bide her a good night and head to bed.

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2017 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesla grins as she thinks him for the meal. " Very good Theaton. Thank you. " She helps him clean up after the meal and tells him goodnight as he heads to bed. Jesla heads to the bed he indicated. She tosses and turns as she tries to sleep. The barbarian thinks about her new friends and how different her life is now than in the past. Jesla finally falls into a deep sleep.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jan, 2017 - 9:15am / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 15

Game Master says...

Theaton and Tyg catch up well into the night, she's concerned that the kobolds may not be respectful of nature. You assure her that most of their activities will remain underground, with only a handful of trees felled for supports, since kobolds don't prioritise safety.

Tyg also assuages any concerns you may have about being possessive of you. She doesn't mind other girls coming over - after all she's been a close neighbour and friend of Perlivash for centuries and he's an attractive male faerie dragon. She maintains that he's just a friend.

Both of you are tired as you awaken to a less foggy day, but with fully rested horses make good progress south. You pass by the collapsed bridge (Location: black 5) and along the river towards the ford where the Thorn flows into the Shrike. Before nightfall, a cavalry archer approaches and hails you, passing on the message that you are expected back in Freehold for the end of the meeting.

However, you can't make it back tonight so you camp at the ford. There's a sign of the Tatzlwyrm that was once there but any tracks are weeks old. As you're settling down getting ready for watch or sleep, a herd of 8 elk graze and drink on the opposite riverbank. Being sensitive and skittish, any sudden movement causes them to run away.

The next cloudy day, you return to Freehold at around midday and, after a little time to bathe and prepare, are ushered in to the meeting.

As Mykael explains what happened, Sasha grips her son tighter and tighter, until he's almost blue in the face. "Oh sorry," she says, releasing him when you point it out. "Trolls! Oh my gods! I can't believe there are trolls out there in the wilds. You have to be more careful Tig!"

The boy's father comes in through the rear tent flap. A muscly man, balding brown hair with a thick moustache. "You done good work saving my boy. I wish I could give you something, but I can only give my gratitude. You mention trolls? Gotta grab those bastards by the hair and put them to the torch. I can get a few of my mates and get a mob going."

When you convince him that you dealt with the threat, he seems sceptical. "If there's more we'll be waiting. This news ought to get the rumour mill spinning."

Everyone reconvenes to finish the monthly meeting for Arodus, 4710 AR.

Your advisers go and make all your decisions happen. They report the quarry is a quarter done and has already output some of the lower-quality surface stone. They are glad the native kobold are pacified and praise Archival for the work he's already done - despite some of the stipulations coming off as rather unusual. They approve and commence the constructions of the Dance Hall and Housing district. Then they ask you for a little more direction for the upcoming month and year.

Income Phase
Step 1 - Make Withdrawals from the Treasury: I assume none
Step 2 - Make Deposits to the Treasury: I assume none
Step 3 - Sell Expensive Items for BP: I assume none
Step 4 - Collect Taxes: Perhaps Archival wants to roll on Economy (Instead of Jhod - i.e. Me). What is Archival's style of tax collection?

Event Phase
You have an ongoing problem with currency devaluation. Let's consider this as a Sensational Crime, so could Baron Mykael Brewmor roll 2 Stability checks.

Out of Character: Unless you go on another adventure, you should also have 3 weeks of downtime to pursue your activities. Kresnik and Archival work on completing the Lyre. The rest of you can craft, train animals, retrain yourselves, earn XP doing chores to catch up to the XP leader, or any other things.

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 22nd Jan, 2017 - 9:18am

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 15

I graciously accept the praise given by the advisers and humbly admit that it would all not be possible without the combined effort from them and the fellow members of the council. We will make no withdrawals nor deposits to/from the Treasury. Nor will we sell expensive items for BP just yet.

I will be polite and diplomatic while collecting taxes. I will take a 10 on all Diplomacy checks (Giving me a result of 26) to ensure the collection of taxes goes smoothly while also discreetly looking into the currency devaluation problem.

Caelum travels with me and will take 10's on Perception and Sense Motive (Giving him a result of 27 in each), hoping to discover if anyone is hiding anything tax-wise or if they know anything about the currency devaluation.

For the remainder of our downtime, I would like to take a team of Cavalry Archers - or party members if they're willing! - to re-explore the entire region north of our settlement.

To those that agree to go I state, "I would prefer to start along the Shrike River and search for the old engineer and bridge keeper, Davik Nettles. I promised Restov's tax collector Lismoir Eskamel that I would deliver some tax forms and request for payment to him."

With my Phantom Steed's speed, Caelum and I should be able to fully explore a hex (Regardless of terrain type) in 1 day. If the Cavalry Archers come with us, we will send them ahead to setup camp and meet at a predetermined location each evening (You can choose the path we take, as long as it has us back in time for the next council meeting). Caelum will take a 10 on each of his Perception checks for every hex (If allowed) and I will aid him, giving him a 29 Perception.

Out of Character: I thought Kresnik and I already crafted the Lyre of Building? That was a stipulation for him becoming the Magister.

Question 1 - do we add the building/improvement bonuses to our stats right away? I'll just roll a flat D20 for Economy (Not putting bonuses since I'm not sure if the stuff adds now, or next month). If now:

Quarry will add +1 BP per turn when collecting taxes during the Income Phase! In addition we'll get a +1 to Stability.

Farm will reduce our Consumption by 2 BP.

Dance Hall will add +1 Economy, +2 Loyalty, and +1 Unrest (In addition to increasing the Settlement's Crime and Corruption by +1 each).

House will negate the Dance Hall's Unrest that we built it next to. (First House built each turn does not count toward your New Buildings limit.)

Question 2 - Were we able to build the Farm Improvement in our settlement hex too? I'm not sure with the wording. I know anything with an asterisk can share the same hex as other improvements. I'm just not sure if that means that you can only build one of the non-asterisked improvements per hex, while still building all of the others with asterisks in that hex.

If we are able to build multiple * Improvements with just one non-* in a hex, we'll do the Farm Improvement with our Quarry Improvement. If we aren't able to - we'll put the Farm Improvement in the hex we claimed to our northeast.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 22nd Jan, 2017 - 1:22pm

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.