Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 20 of 91

"An affront to nature? An abomination? - Page 20 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jan, 2017 - 7:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 91 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
27th Jan, 2017 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 20

Ignoble says...

"This is different, this is not a citizen of our realm or even an individual per se, it is an undead abomination. Its aura of evil is not faint. Yes we are a nation of laws, but those laws don't say anything about a situation like this, are we now to define the undead as persons under the law? We go and bring the Stag Lords body here there is no telling what may happen, it could release this things spirit but this creature may also use the body for unholy purposes as well. I will not do this creatures bidding. I'm telling you Archival we must dispose of this thing now before it's too late!"

Mykael still stands ready with his sword unsheathed and displayed but does not take any overtly hostile action unless the undead attacks or Archival agrees. He looks to Jesla and Theaton "Archival is our leader… it is his call."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

"I am one that does not like this being Yes I attacked it as it is an abomination to nature. I am one who wants nature to flourish I will not allow this creature to dictate our actions. Like the trolls it is not a citizen of our nation and it should not be allowed to continue its presence in our nation. I will continue to try and destroy it. IF you think less of me then so be it."

Theaton will shoot the creature again.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I attentively listen to the points made by Jesla and Mykael. "Valid points. It definitely shows that our laws are still not developed enough. We should discuss it more later."

"Davik. What caused you to rise from death? What occured to force you into your current state?"

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 27th Jan, 2017 - 5:43pm

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 20 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Jesla sees Theaton shooting the creature. She jumps off the horse and draws her blade again. She begins hacking wildly at the creature.

Out of Character: : Icon, I already rolled earlier when I planned on attacking. Please use those rolls.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Seeing Theaton's continued attacks, I sigh and shake my head sadly. "I pity the state of your soul. Nature is harmony. This is an individual apparently cursed with undeath that wishes vengeance on a truly evil individual. We can possibly bring him back to harmony by sating his lust for vengeance. How is it you are so quick to attack someone that asks for peace, yet friends with kobolds that imprison your friends in nature? If you continue to push this, I will not assist. Instead, I will view it as you seeking a duel with Davik Nettles - a cursed former citizen of the region."

Seeing Jesla move in I add, "Jesla, allow the man his duel with his honor intact. Theaton, will this be a lethal or nonlethal duel?"

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 27th Jan, 2017 - 5:56pm

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesla looks at Archival and Mykael. " Are we going to allow Theaton to possibly die because he is considered in a duel versus an obvious evil abomination? Why would we stand by and watch? This… thing is an affront to nature. I do not understand this. Why would our laws apply to this creature? He isn't even alive? Supposedly he is bound to this spot. Bringing what he asks for might loosen him from here to wreck havoc in our realm just as Mykael said. We all know he is evil. Why trust him ? I will not watch my friend die due to a misplaced sense of honor for an undead evil. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jan, 2017 - 7:01pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Jan, 2017 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 20

Ignoble says...

Mykael pulls on Midnights reigns as the warhorse moves about eager for combat, he keeps her reigned in for the moment "Have we not sworn fealty to Archival?" he says "Whether I agree with him or not, he is the ruler of our realm, we will obey his commands. This is not a time to debate morality, we can do that after the situation is resolved. In the meantime, but how can we expect our subjects to obey us when we do not recognize the authority that we ourselves put in place?"

Mykael looks to Archival with a look of concern "Jesla is right though, we cannot leave our comrade to face this alone. We can address Theatons' disregard for authority after this is done, but please don't let him fight this alone!" Mykael continues to pull on the reigns of Midnight itching for Archival to give the command to strike but refusing to advance until his leader actually does give the command to do so.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 20

"An affront to nature? An abomination? Nature is peace. This being is suffering from undeath. Are we a wandering band of murder-hobos, or do we seek to rise above that and create a realm in which all that follow the rule of law and respect the rights of others are welcome? According to the craft of magery, the vast majority of undead are evil - this is true. However, what if one becomes undead not of their own accord? What if one is forced to be an undead by a deity as a punishment, but retains their sentience? The fact is we do not know the facts at this time. I for one, would like to gain the facts. If someone states they are no threat to you, I believe them until their actions prove false."

"Let us pretend for a moment that we know neither Theaton, nor Davik. Instead we come upon two strangers engulfed by shadows so we cannot discern anything about their identities. One asks for vengeance against a man we know harmed others and other than that shows no attempt to attack. The second stranger begins instantly attacking the first, not heeding their words. What then do we think? Suddenly, does not the first individual seem good and the second evil? Actions dictate my stance on morality."

"These are things we can discuss. These are things I would love to discuss! However, Theaton seems stubbornly intent to sully himself with base actions. We have the opportunity to aid this wretched soul and instead I hear people bay for blood, making them no different than those whose conduct they purport to stand against."

"My actions are not due to a misplaced sense of honor for anyone. They are due to my respect of the laws which we have created and sent out. I will not hang my head in shame by conducting myself in a manner unbecoming a leader of Freehold. No man will force me to act in a dishonorable manner," I state, looking directly into Theaton's eyes.

Looking to Mykael once again, I attempt to assuage his concerns, "Mykael, Theaton is dead set on his actions. I seek only to not have you taint yourself. We have given him the option between a lethal and nonlethal duel. What he chooses is of his own volition. A fight is not necessary by the words of Davik himself; he can choose to not fight alone by not fighting at all. He showed foresight in his actions with the Sootscale clan. Why he does not do so now perplexes me."

"Davik Nettles was a citizen of Brevoy. Lismoir Eskamel, a tax collector for Restov, asked me to look into his whereabouts and deliver some taxation papers to him," I add. "Last anyone knew he was a normal human male. Are you not the least bit curious what caused him to come into his current state of being?"

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:20pm

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.