Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 21 of 91

"This creature that stands before us - Page 21 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Jan, 2017 - 9:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 91 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 21

Jesla looks at Mykael with obvious strain on her face. The barbarian stands there for a moment before walking back to her horse. She sheaths her great sword quickly. Clambering back onto her horse she trots her horse onto the side away from the creature. Jesla grits her teeth as she looks pointedly away from the scene. She calls out " Theaton, if this is a duel allow me to fight in your stead. That would be allowed by these rules would it not? Your gift is with the bow. I will meet this creature gladly. "

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

"Archival, do, do you wish me to interfere? I might be able to deaden his fervor for a time. Give us a chance to talk with him. It wouldn't cause him any harm, but… "

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Looking to Kresnik, I pause for a moment with a confused look on my face. "Are you referring to Theaton, or Davik? Davik seems perfectly willing to converse with us. If you are offering to ensorcell Theaton, I would really rather not. Such things create bad blood amongst people, something I hope to avoid."

"Jesla, you have gone from drawing your weapon 'just in case he isn't friendly' - your words, not mine - to 'he's evil, we must kill him!' Actions determine if one is truly evil or not, not general philosophy and motivation for one's actions. The idea of it being a duel also stemmed from your own words when you offered Mykael the chance to fight Davik 'one on one' because 'never ending meetings soften a person.'"

Out of Character:
Worry not, Mykael shall not be alone! The quality of living by a code has reared its head too biggrin.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:32pm

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 21 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Kresnik responds, "I did mean Theaton, and I dislike the idea myself, but I don't think I can stand here and watch him die, and ending this before it begins would seem be preferable to letting it get to the point where helping end Davik is the only way to stop it."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:38pm

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Jesla looks to Archival. " I offered it as a chance for Mykael to get practice in. I didn't see it being a threat that he couldn't handle until he read his aura and said he was strong. I said he is evil because Mykael read his aura. Paladins are known for their ability to sense evil. If he tells me it is evil I believe him. I'm sorry, this is hard for me to understand. I have traveled quite a bit and everywhere I've gone undead are always considered evil. Does that not apply in this kingdom?"

Jesla looks at Kresnik. " Are we really talking about using sorcery on one of our own to save an evil being?"

Out of Character: : I was concerned about Kyra not fitting in with our group due to wanting to talk to all these evil beings. Apparently she fits in a lot better than Jesla does. sad.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:40pm

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Kresnik shakes his head, "Evil magic sustains him, but we cannot be certain the man himself can described as such. I wish to help keep a friend from making a mistake with dire consequences, that is all."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 21

"Ultimately, each person must decide their own course in life Kresnik. I would not willingly take the free will of an ally from them unless they were to do something against our laws. The saving grace and technicality here is that we are not within our realm right now… I will still carry myself appropriately though, but I allow myself this small cognitive dissonance so as to not lose a friend."

"I am willing to bet several members of the Sootscale tribe were evil too, yet we stayed under their roof without a problem. That is because they did not seek to harm us. Nor has Davik sought to harm us. Mykael has the zeal one would expect of a newly anointed paladin. If we were a realm that specifically honored any one god, especially one that loathes the undead and all evil, I could understand the action of attacking an evil creature merely for existing. However, that action would fly in the face of the alignment and code we have set forth. Specifically:"

"One has the right to do anything as long as it does not harm others physically nor fiscally. The belief in a deity harms no one. They should be allowed to practice whatever tenets of the faith do not harm others nor their property."

"Everyone has a right to life, liberty, and property. If another attempts to take away those rights, the individual has a right to defend their self with as much force as they deem necessary, as long as they bring no harm to others or their property."

"Right now, Theaton is breaking our own laws. He is seeking to take away the life of Davik Nettles. Davik has a right to defend himself with as much force as he deems necessary. To intervene would make us all accomplices to this unlawful and immoral act."

"Well stated Kresnik. That is the exact point I have been failing to get across."

Out of Character:
Nah, Jesla fits in well too! I'm loving the roleplay! It's fun to not have an echo chamber. Everyone has their own unique take and I think we are each playing our alignments and quirks previously set up quite well!

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 27th Jan, 2017 - 8:54pm

27th Jan, 2017 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 21

Ignoble says...

"This creature that stands before us is evil, there is no doubt in my mind; I don't need to witness it's actions to know that, it's aura speaks for itself in this regard and the thing that stands before us is not Davik. Davik is dead… this is undeath, this is an abomination, unnatural no matter how hard one tries to justify its existence. Destruction would be a mercy Archival. I respect everyone's right to live, even if they are evil, but this thing is not alive… this is death that has dug its claws into this persons body and soul and refuses to let go. It's very existence is evil."

Mykael looks to Theaton and at the undead creature then back to Archival "No doubt there were evil people among the kobolds just as there are evil people anywhere one goes; I don't advocate killing them simply based on them being evil, but this is different. Again, I respect all life, but this is not a living creature with free will that we face. It is undead, the laws you quote speak of the living not the dead. If Theaton dies in this duel… I place his blood is on your hands my lord."

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 27th Jan, 2017 - 9:05pm

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.