Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 22 of 91

Out of Character: What follows is a discussion - Page 22 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Jan, 2017 - 8:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 91 pgs.  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 22

Jesla nods. " Exactly. This is not Davik. You speak as if this would be murder. You cannot murder that which is already dead. I'm confident this being is evil. There is no one here more qualified than Sir Mykael to make that judgement. As you said, this isn't even our lands. Our laws don't apply here. " She glares at the creature. " Go back to the grave, you abomination. If it wasn't for some here, you would be nothing but bone fragments right now. I know your kind. My people and I have destroyed many of you. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Jan, 2017 - 9:32pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

“As Kresnik said, is it whatever animated Davik that has caused you to sense evil, or is it Davik himself that is evil? Do you have any way of discerning the difference? I hope you never run into a situation where someone has cast a false aura on another and also disguised them with an illusion. Your stance on this could cause you a fall from paladinhood in such a scenario.”

“How can you stand here and claim that this is not Davik when he states he is Davik. This is not a mindless undead, but one with its cognitive abilities intact. If Davik did not have free will, he would not have spoken with us. Nor would he have displayed restraint when attacked by Theaton. That is the crux of the matter that is being glossed over and ignored. People have used the terms 'abomination' and 'unnatural' to describe children born from humans and elves as well as those born of humans and orcs. Technically, Jesla is unnatural too, but we respect and accept her - and rightly so! She herself feels that others would ostracize her if they knew her truth, thus she took actions to hide it from us. The only difference here is bias because of what one looks like the majority of the time.”

“Destruction is a mercy? I agree to an extent. However, why sully ourselves with wanton violence when we might be able to allow him to release his grip on this world by merely retrieving a body as he asked?”

“The laws we passed did not dictate the state of an individual, nor their race, and for good reason. None of that should matter. An unjust act is unjust regardless of who performs it.”

“We are adventurers. If Theaton dies in this duel, it is due to his own obstinance in pursuing an unjust and immoral action. The only guilt I will feel is in not outright demanding he restrain himself from conducting himself in a way unbecoming a leader of Kamelorn and baron of Brevoy.”.

Reconcile Edited: Diarmadhim on 27th Jan, 2017 - 9:55pm

27th Jan, 2017 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ignoble says...

"No Archival, if I lose my status as Paladin it is because I have willfully done evil, not because I was deceived into committing an evil act. Even if one engages in an objectively evil act, their culpability is not the same if the will and intent are not there and they engaged in the act in an attempt to do what they believed was right. Even the law recognizes that. Still, I think we all know where each of us stands on this issue. I disagree with your assessment Archival, especially on your views of the undead but as I said I will defer to your authority."

Mykael still does not sheath his weapon but he pulls the reigns of Midnight to the left and moves aside being prepared to engage if necessary but otherwise only observing the fight between the undead creature and Theaton.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 22 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Jesla eyes Archival. "Just because he says he is Davik doesn't mean that he is. This could all be a trick. We have no means of determining whether his story is truth or a lie. We could release a monster into the world by complying with his request. It is as Sir Mykael said. It is your decision. I will abide by it. I will not be responsible if something horrific comes of this. I will even lay down my weapon. " She unsheaths her sword and tosses it to the side. " Forgive me Gorum. It isn't my choice", she calls out quietly. Her eyes flash in fury but she is silent now.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Kresnik is quavering somewhat, hating this rift that is forming, "There are always uncertainties in life. If Mykael's senses told him that I was a demon in disguise, would the three of you strike me down right away? Or would you seek certainty first if you could?"

"Remember that when I believed this to simply be another mindless undead, I too advocated its destruction. But Davik here is not mindless, is not at present aggressive towards us, and went to the point of ignoring wounds received to maintain peace. I do not propose we simply trust this being, far from it, but the circumstances suggest that we confirm its nature, and then act. It very well may be that this being deserves our pity and assistance far more than our wroth."

"Theaton, please hold. If you act now, it will be alone, and I fear that you cannot prevail."

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Theaton snarls and simply says "Yes I agree to this duel to the death is need be."

Theaton will carry out his attacks.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 22

Jesla responds to Kresnik. " We would make certain of course. We are friends with you and have known you for quite some time. That is very much different than a complete undead stranger. "

She watches Theaton engage. Jesla balls her fists up and scowls as she watches this. She studies the undead creature for weaknesses and is poised on the balls of her feet. Her eyes narrow and take on the fierce appearance of a predator.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 8:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 22

Out of Character: What follows is a discussion shared silently through my and Caelum's link. If anyone can read minds, this is what is occurring. Anything in italics is sent via said mental link.

In Character:
I stand stoically, my jaw firm and eyes hard; fixed on the battle as it plays out.

You knew this was coming, my lord. Caelum sends to me.

It has been building for quite some time. Does he really resent the fact I was nominated to be the ruler so much? I ensured everyone had equal say in designing our laws. We debated them and he knows he is breaking one right now. I silently reply over our link.

There is nothing you could have done to change the inevitable. Caelum sends, attempting to soothe my anger.

Is there not? I knew that he was stubborn - but not suicidal! He has resisted change every step of the way - just as Zork did. I fear his inflexibility might get him killed right now, unless the gods intervene, for I shall not. This is not what I wanted though! I attempted to allow him to save face from his rash action by using Jesla's own suggestion that it be a duel. I added on the bit about nonlethal because I assumed he would catch the not so subtle hint."

He hates not being in control all of the time Archival. This is not your fault. Do not blame yourself. He has resented your arrival from the beginning. Every step of the way he has resisted levelheaded suggestions and forced you to take unnecessary risks to ensure success in the region. Even now he attempts to manipulate everyone into following his own rash actions. This is a power play that you cannot fold on. Though it might cause a rift, it is not of your making. You know Mykael speaks merely out of anger right now. He will not hold Theaton's blood on your hands given the time to mull it over. Given time, he will remember his prayer to Iomadae in which he beseeched her for the strength to wield his sword in her name and 'to bring justice and the rule of law to this land.' Right now, Theaton breaks our own laws that were agreed upon by all.

I know that, damn it! I send back, a stubborn tear escaping despite my strong desire to not allow it to slip. Sighing, I calm. I know… The only other thing I could have done in this situation is compromise my morals. I will never judge a book by its cover. We have set forth laws and ensured through past actions - such as by sparing Burke, Piter, and Akiros - that it is possible to see those deemed evil redeemed. It is actions, and not philosophies, that ultimately determine if someone obeys the laws or not. That is why I agreed with Mykael's spirit of the law versus letter of the law stance. If he survives, I will recuse myself from the legal preceding -

That you cannot do, my lord! To do so would be seen as a sign of weakness and reluctance to uphold the law against your inner circle. Everything you have worked for could come tumbling down because of it.

I... But… I silently stammer, searching for a counter-argument. You are right, Caelum. Your council is a bitter remedy at times. Thank you.

A thought suddenly springs to mind and I exclaim, “I just recalled something! We have never actually discussed the legality of duels. Theaton, I implore you to stay your hand. This is a matter of import, and one that needs be decided before we continue further. You have already broken our laws by attacking someone that has not been a threat. If you continue, you will be taken into custody and a trial shall be held,” I add, steel once again in my voice.

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.