Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 27 of 91

After a moment of silent contemplation, I - Page 27 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Feb, 2017 - 1:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 91 pgs.  23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 27

After thinking for a while about what happened Jesla slows down and lets the group catch up to her. " Archival, are we to speak to any being that can speak before attacking? If we come upon orcs do we try to talk to them and not attack first? I'm trying to understand your intent. Will this kingdom allow known evil creatures such as orcs and trolls to live within the bounds of the kingdom?"

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 31st Jan, 2017 - 1:07pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

"There are too many exceptions to the hard and fast rule of specific races being evil. Humans alone run the full gamut of individual philosophies. I do not believe ones race should be held against them, but rather their actions. A threat is merely speech and often not worth the dust the rude wind blows in ones face. Seeking to act upon a threat, is a totally different matter."

"I wish the world were simple enough to always know if someone was good or evil based on nothing more than how they look. It would certainly speed things up. Even knowing that someone is evil is not enough to attack them. If we are to have the rule of law, then a being must actually act in such a way to harm someone before we can determine them as punishable according to the law."

"What occurred back there was a death sentence merely because something was outside of the norm. That we cannot abide by. To do such would open up you to persecution from others because of your difference. We need to create an area of acceptance and tolerance. One in which the citizenry can feel safe despite differences."

"We have already taken steps toward achieving such a place by agreeing to an alliance with the Sootscale kobold clan, provided they abide by our laws which are meant to protect everyone. Thus any race, regardless of typical alignment, should be welcome as long as they do not harm others physically nor fiscally. Those trolls the other day had kidnapped and planned to kill that child. They were also debating whether they should withhold food from him or not. Those actions were not tolerable and thus we acted in accordance with our laws. You get read your rights of going to the Worldwound and such upon surrender. Prior to that we act in the interests of self-preservation."

"We also tried to explain to the churches of Gyronna and Hanspur that they would be allowed to practice as long as they did not break our laws. The Church of Hanspur's request actually led to our implementation of the Six River Freedoms, with some minor tweaking - such as not killing oathbreakers as per the Second River Freedom and instead implementing a legally binding contract system in which any oathbreaker can be held liable provided the contract was witnessed and signed by a government official. We have tweaked the Third River Freedom by specifying the difference between public and private land to protect property rights. The Sixth River Freedom we outright rejected because it supports theft."

"I think if we come upon any potential threat, or rather on any unknown, we should act cautiously. I personally enter any interaction hoping for a diplomatic solution but I have a plan to kill everyone in the room if necessary."

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Jesla eyes Archival with an odd look. " So anyone or anything we meet we will try to speak with first. That means always being on the back foot and reacting to the others actions. I still don't see how you will get settlers living away from Freehold if trolls for example are allowed to live here. They eat people. It is what they do. In the event they decide to eat their neighbors there will be no one to assist the settlers until after they are dead" She shrugs. " It is your kingdom. I disagree but will follow your instructions. I will be the one to strike the last blow but not the first blow. I do hope most aren't peaceful. I do enjoy striking down my enemies in righteous combat. " She laughs.

Out of Character: : It will be difficult for Jesla to submit to these rules. She thinks that they are naive and her chaotic neutral nature makes her quite independent you might say.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 31st Jan, 2017 - 3:36pm

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 27 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Kresnik speaks up, "I would like to apologize for my behavior as well, I should not have snapped like that."

"Jesla, one thing I've learned over the years, for every group of thinking beings, there are exceptions to the way they're known to behave. I once knew an orc who was a dear friend to my cousin. He'd never once shed blood save when defending himself and others, and was known for defending the weak, my cousin's life included. That didn't stop a town of falsely accusing him of murder and hanging him. The true murderer was caught later on, but Grek was already dead."

"Watching for those exceptions does not mean we must let our guard down. Creatures like Orcs, Trolls and the undead came by their reputation honestly. If there's a threat, deal with it, but if there's some question about it actually being a threat, and investigating further is not a major problem… "

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 10:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

"I think there is a miscommunication, Jesla, between what I am trying to say and what I am getting across. Anyone that submits to our laws is welcome in our territory. If they refuse said laws, they will be appropriately dealt with. That's where you come in. It matters not if someone is a troll, human, or intelligent undead. The only thing of import is their adherence to our rule of law."

"For example, yes we know most trolls eat people. If one did not though, and they did not harm others physically or fiscally, they would be welcome. Will we sometimes be on the back foot, as you say? Yes, it is quite likely. However, the rule of law demands due process."

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 12:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesla listens as Kresnik and Archival speak. She frowns and then speaks. " I hired on to work for you Archival. Now I'm the Royal Enforcer. I will submit to your instructions. I will make no move of aggression towards any creature. I will always allow them to attack first to make sure there is no misunderstanding. I disagree with these ideas but I am bound to follow them.

Jesla is quiet after this as they ride along. She is irritated at these rules but will follow them. The barbarian longs for the day she can gather forces here and free Numeria. She longs for her homeland where things make sense.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 27

Theaton listens as the other talk. He makes no comment as he feels like Jesla in some ways. Yes he believes some humanoids can and should deserve a chance but others are not the type to go against their very nature and should be killed before they try to kill us. Such is it with the undead being unholy and unnatural to say the least. Time will tell he feels.

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 27

After a moment of silent contemplation, I speak again, "Jesla. I am not saying allow someone to attack you first. I am saying we should be sure of their intent to cause harm before attacking. I never want you to put yourself in harms way needlessly. However, if someone stands still and seeks to talk with you as an intelligent being, you should be willing to hear them out and carry on a conversation instead of being an aggressor and attacking them. Such an action is punishable by our laws," I finish, glancing at Theaton to ensure he understands the gravity of his actions and the seriousness with which I look upon it.

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.