Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 65 of 91

There are tracks heading towards the site, - Page 65 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Mar, 2017 - 1:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 91 pgs.  61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 65

Out of Character: Not sure if you were serious or not about Theaton giving us a vacancy penalty. Rolling based on the stats listed & hoping he didn't lower it. Staying to finish your job is important. Failing to do so negatively effects the settlement.

Sponsored Links:
16th Mar, 2017 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Game Master says...

Archival organises a method of checking all the citizens coinage for tampering with help from his new contacts at the Church of Abadar. Mykael and the cavalry archers along with Jesla work overtime, tracing evidence, making warranted searches, keeping the peace, and, with Kresnik's and Kyra's help, spreading the right story to keep everyone calm.

Soon enough, pieces fall into place and it's found that there's another perpetrator - a woman in Restov. However, Ilinica attempted an ill-fated prison break and was caught in Freehold. With the new evidence, the court case finally ends with a verdict of guilty and sentence of hard labour for 10 years. All three perps will be expected to build and maintain roads, first within the settlement, then outside.

The Abadarans come to town and begin meticulously checking and exchanging coinage - quelling any complaints from the citizens. With one action, you also collect your taxes in the form of gold-coated copper or silver pieces, as well as food and promise of labour. For some reason the people are very honest with the Taxmasters and Balanced Scales of the Judge of the Gods about and you rightfully earn every last copper bit.

Theaton returns from his weekly duties and marshalling the fey. The fey had been saddened by the news and expressed recognition of the unicorn they had glimpsed a few times. They promise to meet you at or near the body.

After a day of worship and rest, you prepare and head off to the unicorn on Moonday the 9th of Rova. Following the Skunk River is never pleasant. The slight stench of sulfur grows as you ride towards the source. On the third morning of your trip, you cross the river at a ford comprised of sandy islets and strewn rubble where the skeletons of two Tatzlwyrms lie. Doubling back a short way you reach the area in question by the afternoon.

The stink of mouldering plants and a strange quiet in the sound of birdlife surrounds a somewhat sunken clearing in the woods here. At the centre of the clearing, the soggy ground becomes an insect-infested, stagnant, swamp-like pond, and in a shallow pit at the pond’s southern edge is what appears to be a half-buried dead horse. Knowing it's a unicorn, you note its horn broken off at the brow and its body strangely untouched by insects or other necrophages. Its coat is soiled with dirt to look a grey color and has a waxy sheen. The stink of mould comes not from the body, which is weirdly odourless, but from the fouled water of the pond.

Out of Character: Event is over and you earned 15+3 BP!

Also, this is the first time you've filled 4 lots, so everyone gain 1600 XP for building the castle!

Originally, I thought I would, but I won't give the vacancy penalty partly because I need to learn to be a kind, fun GM and partly because what Theaton is doing is his job or at least not a major diversion from it.

Mykael's hiring of cavalry could work as making a deposit to the Treasury. So could depositing the Lyre of Building (And you still gain the benefits as long as someone doesn't personally claim it). The Lyre is an expenisve item and gets converted for half cost (I.e. Kresnik makes an indirect profit), the team is full cost.The 2500 gp remainder from the Lyre could be padded with more cavalry archers of value 1500 gp (~3 teams, assuming there is no ongoing pay). Not very flavourful, but I think it strikes an appropriate balance between request and rules.

Rather off topic, but...
I noticed Daishain do it twice and now Thomaslee once: confidant has a very different meaning to confident.
That I know not to be a difference between the Queen's and the President's English, unlike many of my 'mistakes'.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Theaton will have a look around the whole area to see if he finds anything strange in the way of nature besides the unicorns untouched body. He will confer with the Fey to see if they can shed any light on what took place here. He will ask them to scout around with him to see if they spot anything he may miss.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2017 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 65 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Jesla eyes the scene curiously. She shifts into a nine foot long tiger with rippling muscles. She begins sniffing around the corpse of the unicorn and will seek any type of old trail or scent. Jesla will use her scent and tracking skills to see if she can find any hint of who or what did this.

Out of Character: : She will spend up to 10 rounds max doing this.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th Mar, 2017 - 3:13am

16th Mar, 2017 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #
Mykael Brewmor
Fighter3 Paladin3
Character
Novice / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Lock

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Ignoble says...

Mykael dismounts and draws his sword as they near the fallen unicorn; he looks about trying to discern if there are any threats in the area, leaving the investigation of the corpse to others more suited to the task.

Mykael Brewmor Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+0): 10 (1 roll)

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2017 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Kresnik takes a close look at the body and the region it is in, sniffing with a wry face, and taking samples as appropriate.

Out of Character: Detect Magic is up, investigating any trace of magic in the area, looking for any hints as to the circumstances of death, and also looking for more mundane explanations on the rot found here, such as poison.

Kresnik would have helped encourage Jhod or others with the Speak with Dead spell to join the expedition. Had they refused, that morning he'd have attuned to the Ancestor spirit, asking for the Intercessor ability mentioned before.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2017 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 65

I aid Caelum as he joins the search for clues. "If necessary, I could actually use a summon and ask it to cast Commune. We will only get 6 questions though, and the answers will be yes or no."

Out of Character: I've leveled on my sheet. I'll update the site's sheet when I get home tomorrow… Hopefully. I have a ton of stuff to do before I head to Chicago for training on Sunday.

18th Mar, 2017 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 65

Game Master says...

There are tracks heading towards the site, but you'd been told that a pair of scouts came across the body. The tracks end and return at the body, where a dropped handaxe lies, 'Property of the Lumber Consortium' engraved on its handle.

Theaton's fey friends emerge at his call, the two nixies Bal and Neenah, grig Tyg-titter-tut, and faerie dragon Perlivash. They all look a little distraught, a far cry from their usual joyous behaviour. Bal expalins that after looking at the body there are no obvious wounds, so the unicorn must have succumbed to some form of instant death.
Theaton sees nothing out of place or unnatural, not on the ground nor in the trees.

Jesla's tiger form shocks the fey and as she starts sniffing around, the odour of rot is overpowering and the only scents are the party's and the fey's. The unicorn itself is strangely odourless. Neenah builds up the courage to approach, and begins waving her hands through the stagnant water. The places she touches begin to magically purify and give off less stench.

Kresnik feels no magic in the air around here. Is he taking any samples off the unicorn? Jhod had not been convinced it was a necessary use of necromancy and didn't want to witness such a despoiling of nature. He stayed to keep the settlement in order and proselytyze. The ancestor spirit whispers to Kresnik that it can feel death in the area - not very recent, but no so old that every remnant of its soul has gone.

After a thorough check, Caelum judges that this is the same exact unicorn that you found once and not an additional victim.

Mykael finds it easy to listen out for danger, the lack of birdsong keeping him alert.

Out of Character: I will take Knowledge (Arcana) and (Planes) checks from those with a rank in the skills.

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.