Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 11 of 91

Theaton hears Kresnik, "Archival send - Page 11 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Jan, 2017 - 5:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 91 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (91) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - Only those players with APPROVED Characters can Post in this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red
A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red - Page 11

Jesla continues attacking the trolls with great ferocity. She will continue with the one she has already hit until he is dead then move on to the next one.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Out of Character: I keep forgetting about my second gem thus yes you were right it should have been +7 and +1 but with the bless spell that wipes out the -2 for the feat.
Rapid Shot You can make an additional ranged attack. When making a full-attack action with a ranged weapon, you can fire one additional time this round at your highest bonus. All of your attack rolls take a -2 penalty when using Rapid Shot. Manyshot You can fire multiple arrows at a single target. When making a full-attack action with a bow, your first attack fires two arrows. If the attack hits, both arrows hit. Apply precision-based damage (Such as sneak attack) and critical hit damage only once for this attack. Damage bonuses from using a composite bow with a high Strength bonus apply to each arrow, as do other damage bonuses, such as a ranger’s favored enemy bonus.
So I made a mistake that only my first attack I shoot three arrows and my second attack is just two arrows. As listed bellow. Two rounds are made.
In Character: Theaton will still move up to a point he can see the shapes to better fire arrows.

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: : Sorry Icon. I forgot to roll for the chance to miss due to the fog. Jesla does have scent. Would that negate the penalty? I'm rolling in case it won't help me. I don't know if it is once a turn or once for each individual attack so I rolled three dice.

13th Jan, 2017 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #
Hand of Fate
Click for Party Invent...
Character
Game Master ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 11 Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Game Master says...

Jesla tears into the troll she was attacking with her sharp teeth and claws, tearing flesh and blood everywhere (Troll 4: 39 damage).
Kresnik can hear where all the trolls and elementals are. There don't seem to be two spaced close together, so he shoots again. This time it hits the closest target (Troll 3: 5 damage).

The trolls' bodies begin to quickly close the wounds they had suffered (Trolls heal 5) and they react violently. The leftmost from your perspective bites the elemental's head, latches on with both claws penetrating deeply, and pulls it apart, rending its earthy flesh (EE1: 41 damage). It fall apart in pieces. The furthest back bites and slashes with a claw, staggering the elemental fighting it (EE2: 17 damage). The closest only bites at the earth elemental, deciding not to approach the animated fire (EE3: 7 damage). The rightmost troll attacks Jesla back, but only bites back (Jesla 13 damage).
The troll at the back says something that Kresnik hears as 'Group up, fight together' and they all take a step towards each other.

Theaton takes a step closer and looses 4 arrows. The first three are good, solid hits (Troll 3: 21 damage). The fourth arrow strikes straight into the troll's head (Troll 3: 30 damage), and it stumbles back in pain.

Archival says the magic words and disappears from sight - though nobody can tell through this fog. Earth elemental 2, despite his pain, lands a solid blow (Troll 2: 14 damage, EE2: 1 damage). Of the others, only earth elemental 3 hits (Troll 3: 17 damage). With the combined damage of arrows and blows, the closest troll falls with a loud thud.

Jesla miscalculates her claws due to the fog - the target looked larger that it was. She's only able to tear with her bite (Troll 4: 18 damage), but it is enough as the troll stumbles back and falls to the ground, accompanied by the sound of a leafy tree branch crashing.

Kresnik knows that the trolls are closer together now, so he moves up towards the two further targets, clambering over one of the fallen's arms, aims his spell and fires a scintillating display of colours. One of the trolls looks away in time, the other gets the full brunt, staring directly at the spell. He falls to ground unconscious.

The last standing troll roars in fury and continues to fight fearlessly. Running up to the gnome, he chomps down on Kresnik's left skull and face (Kresnik 24 damage). At this point the troll's wounds look almost completely healed up.

Theaton's first two arrows hit, but something about the movement through the fog makes his next shots sail too far (Troll 1: 16 damage).

Archival's remaining elementals group up and attack. Somehow they all miss and the staggered one wasn't able to move fast enough to slam.

Out of Character: Note that moving will also prevent you from making a full-attack action, because you have to take a move and standard action instead. A 5-foot-step is fine though. Also, you can only see the trolls clearly when 5 feet away. When shooting that close you will provoke AoO.

I am not seeing how the iterative attack (2nd attack at -5) gets two arrows, because Manyshot says only the first attack so it must be once per round… But I also decided to play nice since you rolled so many 20's in your previous post and one here, that the 22 counts instead of the 12.

Knowledge (Local) for more info on trolls, you can roll untrained.

Scent lets you know which square your opponent is in, but you have to see them to avoid the miss chance.

I also just read that you can't charge a target you can't see, in case there weren't enough restrictions on charging.

I thinks that's all the rolls used up, so let's go for 1 more round, and might as well get one extra from Archival, Jesla and Kresnik so that the post ends on the troll's action. Also Perception checks.

The tracker leads Mykael down the only logical path that Tig might be. Following the troll tracks is much easier and faster and soon there are 4 pairs of prints in the ground. After half an hour the fog has not let up, but the tracker is sure you are approaching a campsite where the trolls must have stopped - their feet are starting to drag.

Then hoofprints join the tracks - there must be others in the region, but the two cavalry archers with Mykael inform him that there shouldn't be any from their team. The only possibilities are traders (Though no cart) or the town's leaders. As the thoughts cross your mind the sudden sound of an ambush can be heard from a hill or two away. Roll initiative!

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 13th Jan, 2017 - 12:19pm

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Red Run Rivers Kingmaker Pathfinder Icons

Kresnik stumbles back in shock and pain, away from the brute. Fear grips him, but he knows he can't just run off.

Once again he raises his hand and releases a burst of colored light. Right into the last troll's face.

(If Klocal high enough to recall this tidbit) He shouts, "Those down are not dead! Keep striking them until we can burn them with fire or acid! They will rise and attack again otherwise!"

Whether or not his spell brings the troll down, he will then attempt to back off and heal his own wounds.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 13th Jan, 2017 - 2:51pm

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jesla revels as the troll collapses. She then hears the sounds of the troll roaring and running. The barbarian sees that the others have fallen but one must have gotten through to the others. She roars then races back towards her friends looking for the troll. Jesla sees the troll right in front of Kresnik. She growls then attacks.

Specific Action: Move action of 40 feet then attack. Two turns were rolled. Power attacks again.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red - Page 11

Following the din of battle, I move in closer and seek to cover ground the trolls are standing on in Grease (DC 17). I then try to summon another fire elemental to join the fray.

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2017 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 Rivers Run Red D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 11

Theaton hears Kresnik, "Archival send the fire elemental to the downed trolls if fire harms them then to them and burn them."

Theaton keeps on firing at the troll that is still up.

Out of Character: The rapid shot feat gives him an extra arrow per attack. That is why three arrows first attack (Rapid shot and many shot) and two arrows second attack (Rapid shot). I gave you two rounds worth of attacks and damage just in case.

> TOPIC: Icon's Pathfinder Kingmaker 2: Rivers Run Red

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.