Ted Stevens

Ted Stevens - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Oct, 2008 - 3:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2008 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ted Stevens

Ted Stevens

WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Ted Stevens, the longest-serving Republican senator and a figure in Alaska politics since before statehood, has been indicted on seven counts of falsely reporting hundreds of thousands of dollars in services he received from a company that helped renovate his home.
Ref. USAToday

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2008 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Ted Stevens
A Friend

Stevens Ted

I just watched the press conference. I think it is interesting that a senator is being charged with seven counts of felony. I hope if he is guilty that he is punished harshly. He is a public figure and should be better than this.

29th Jul, 2008 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Ted Stevens History & Civil Business Politics

This does not come as any surprise to Alaskans. He has worked hard, done a lot of good and brought a lot of money into the state over the years. So much that he has come to be known as "Uncle Ted." It is sad to see, but no surprise. When someone is given that much unchallenged power for so long things are bound to start to crumble. Reality is this has been "business as usual" in Washington for many years. We are only now starting to wake up and smell the coffee. I think if we look too closely at any of the old timers things will begin to smell rotten.
Our state legislature is imploding also. Politics is a dirty business.

Reconcile Edited: alskann on 29th Jul, 2008 - 7:16pm

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

30th Jul, 2008 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

Stevens Ted

Yeah, this definitely hasn't been the year for Alaskan politicians. I lost count, but I know there were like 3 others involved (at least) with dirty business and I believe one of them was Sen. Stevens son, Ben.

I remember when the news break came out in Alaska that the FBI was searching his home (Sen. Stevens) and he acted as though he had no problem whatsoever with it--as if they wouldn't find a thing wrong--Glad someone else is good at their job!

Reconcile Edited: AlaskanLDS on 30th Jul, 2008 - 11:49am

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2008 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

Ted Stevens
A Friend

Stevens Ted

Yes I believe that a lot of the senators that have been in washington are rotten to the core. That is why I do not vote for anyone who has been there for over 12 years.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2008 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ted Stevens

Ted Stevens Guilty

A jury has found Sen. Ted Stevens guilty on all seven counts of making false statements on Senate disclosure forms.
Ref. CNN

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Oct, 2008 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

Ted Stevens

Any bets that Bush gives him a parden on his way out of office?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 28th Oct, 2008 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

Ted Stevens
A Friend

Ted Stevens Politics Business Civil & History

If he is given a pardon I will be more than a little upset but it would not surprise me in the least.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Ted Stevens

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,