Alex Boye

Alex Boye - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Aug, 2008 - 4:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th Jun, 2008 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

Alex Boye

Link to Alex Boye's website:
AlexBoye

Alex Boye' was born and raised in London, England. He joined the church at the age of 16. He later served an LDS Mission to England Bristol. Alex sang regularly on his mission, and from the encouragement of his Mission President, pursued a career in music when he got home.

Alex became the lead singer in the European Boy band "Awesome", and signed a recording contract with Universal Records in 1996. The band had hits in over 15 countries, selling over half a million Cd's and performed alongside such groups as N'SYNC, The Backstreet Boys, Missy Elliott, Bryan Adams, Mary. J.Blige, The smashing Pumpkins, and George Michael to name a few.

Despite the fame, glory and fortune, Alex felt emptiness in his life that none of these worldly accolades could sufficiently fill. He explains, "I was climbing the ladder of success but when I got to the top, I found myself leaning on the wrong side of the wall". in 2000', Alex felt compelled to move to Utah, to pursue a career in gospel music, and is signed to Deseret Books' Shadow Mountain Label. Alex has since received the 2005 Male Artists Listener Award by the LDS Booksellers Association for his sacred Album entitled 'Testimony', and also received the "2006 Spirit of Heritage Award", for his notable work with the youth,

Alex is an exemplary member who travels the country giving youth firesides and spreading the Gospel through his music. He also sings in the Tabernacle Choir.

Here is a link to a news article about him.
KSL article on Alex Boye

Reconcile Edited: alskann on 20th Jun, 2008 - 4:05am

Sponsored Links:
4th Aug, 2008 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Boye Alex

Alex Boye was featured at one of our singles conferences a couple of years ago - he is a fun and funny guy, and really a wonderful singer. Drew quite a crowd, also!

> TOPIC: Alex Boye

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,