3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 159 of 616

I sit quietly while this is debated. " - Page 159 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Aug, 2017 - 12:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 616 pgs.  155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 10th Aug, 2017 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 159

I stand up with clenched fists. I glare at Thomas and Jason and began shaking as I speak. " You don't even know if this is real. You know that I'm real. I'm glad to know that I can be sacrificed. It makes me feel better. " I walk towards Thomas as he spoke last and just stare at him and then over to Den. Ghost had followed me over and a low rumble can be heard.

" Den, thank you. That's nice to hear. I don't blame you because you didn't do this. As to killing these goblins.. Im not stopping there. I'm going to kill every last one of these bastards in this world. I'm going to make them go extinct. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 10th Aug, 2017 - 2:52am

Sponsored Links:
10th Aug, 2017 - 3:20am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

"I don't think you should be sacrificed, each of us are important," I argue, feeling that again my issues with communicating with emotion and expressing empathy has smacked me in the face. Looking to Rachel, I then look down before saying, "Whether this world is truly real or not, we have to believe it is. Any of us can die, I think even you felt this given your words, but so can others. If we have the means and power to save someone should we do so?"

It is one thing to play a game, whether one like Dungeons & Dragons or another, and not care as much for the NPCs or characters we meet, yet as far as I could tell this was real. Continuing I say as much, offering, "Perhaps this isn't real, we are already dead or in a coma, or this is a dream. Yet we have all decided death is very much likely. If so us, then for others." I wonder what more I can say.

"All I knew at the time is that there was a child in danger, thinking each of us were far more capable in fighting off a goblin," Looking to Rachel, I try to offer with all the sincerity I can offer, "If I would have known my actions would put you in danger… I would have let the child go." This being a hard thing to say, and yet still didn't seem satisfying to say.

I honestly would want to save and protect as many as I can, not be forced to choose in saving only one or another. Wherever I could, I'd take a third option if possible.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Aug, 2017 - 3:21am

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2017 - 7:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I look to Rachel, "Yes, extinction sounds good to me and is far too good for them. I would offer them worse if I could."

I then turn to Thomas, "I hear what you are saying. Now listen to what I'm saying. I have been in combat. I've been in situations where snap decisions mean life or death. You said you didn't consider an ambush. That's the problem, we all need to always consider our enemy is smart or at least cunning. By going after one child and splitting the group you put all at risk. We got lucky here. This worked by shear dumb luck on our part and could have been worse, much worse. They took Rachel. A few more and they would have overwhelmed Jason too. Had they set an ambush they could have killed you, me, and Ghost. This time they didn't, next time whatever enemy we face may and the outcome will be different."

I take a breath and think for a few seconds, "This world is dangerous, real or not. I'll not see any of us harmed if I can help it. Given a similar situation you can't go running off. That could get us all killed. We'll always try to save the good in this world. But we'll do it with a plan and as a group to give us the best chance of coming out alive on the other end. There will be times we fail I fear and those we try to rescue die. Then we'll avenge. That happens in war, and it appears we are warriors for good on this world and we are in an eternal war against… that." I indicate the cave by nodding towards it.

I turn back towards Rachel, "Please rest if you can. Heal yourself and Ghost too. Ghost was a good warrior today. He is every bit as much a member as any of us. I include Ghost when I say I won't see any of us harmed Rachel." I look at everyone, "This place is dangous. We should set a guard in pairs. I'll take first watch. Who is with me?" I finish as I start to throw larger pieces of wood on the fire, flames starting to build. Though not so large as to draw undue attention.

Out of Character: Thomas, the key thing you said was save as many as you can. Sometimes that isn't saving all. Sometimes trying to save all could lead to saving none.

I've been in a situation where we were attacking bad people that are in a village. We took half the village but had to wait for another force before we continued our attack. There were many more bad guys than intelligence had thought. I knew bad stuff could be happening to the good people in the other half of the village. I also knew if we attacked without our support we could all die and then the people still held would still be held and the ones we freed would be held too. And me and my team would be dead… or worse, captured.

Although it hurt me to do, I waited until everything was in place and we finished the job. Not exactly the same thing, but similar. The moral is, hard decisions have to be made and sometimes the right decision is a partial victory and then going for a full victory later.

Like now in this story, we're outside the cave. We know they eat children. We also know there is more of the complex. There may be more children in there. But we are waiting here to regain our strength and not rushing back in. That is prudent.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 10th Aug, 2017 - 7:52am

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2017 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 159 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

As you make camp down closer to the cave entrance the Elf children will accompany you. They will scout around and provide you all with a nice assortment of nuts, berries and roots to munch on. As the night passes it is during the first watch that you see the eastern sky getting less dark thus a sign that the first sun is going to be rising soon. It is a short four hours of rest you get when the first sun breaks the horizon.

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2017 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

After eight hours pass, I look at my friends, my companions. "We have a choice ahead of us. We can go back in there and try again, there shouldn't be too much left. Of, we can take these children to safety and come back. My guess is if we do that the stinking goblins will repopulate the place. I want to kill them all, and I want to do it now. But we all have a say in this. If we do go back in, the children will have to stay out here."

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 10th Aug, 2017 - 10:42pm

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I look up from where I'd spent last watch, "We finish it. For the harm they caused us, for those we arrived too late to save, and for those they might still harm if we leave them be."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 11th Aug, 2017 - 12:28am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 159

Out of Character: Daishain, take a look at what I posted again. I say after eight hours pass.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 159

I sit quietly while this is debated. " Why leave and come back? I vote to kill them all now. I wish we had some way to just bury them alive in there and make them suffer. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 11th Aug, 2017 - 12:58am

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.