3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 255 of 616

"I'm certain, given that Dwarves - Page 255 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Nov, 2017 - 3:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 616 pgs.  251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2017 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 255

When you get out to Dennis's place and do a complete search you find nothing but the clothes he wore when he first arrived here.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2017 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I grumble a little under my breath as the search turns up nothing, "Damn it all, why would whatever took him have taken the stuff he acquired here, but not his original clothing? If he was going back homeā€¦ "

Stopping, I pinch the bridge of my nose, "Okay, let me bounce this hypothesis off of you Grant. I realize data is limited, but we are fairly certain that he is no longer on this world or on any of the planes connected to this. A spell was used that should have located him were he simply missing or dead. We assumed that meant he was sent home. What if, instead, he was simply taken to some other world like this one to fulfill yet another task?"

"Another possibility is that he is still around, but is being shielded by a powerful anti divination effect. But so far as I am aware, no spellcasters capable of such even know we exist, much less would have reason to expend resources to hide him.."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Nov, 2017 - 3:32am

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2017 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I mull over his theories and respond :" Considering that Vickie and I didn't appear until Dennis disappeared, I think it more likely that the intelligence behind our abductions was responsible, and that he really has returned home. If a Divination couldn't find a hint of his existence, he is beyond magic's reach. Even if a non-detection was being used, you'd still get a Divination result of him being alive, at least."
"What bothers me is that he was transported with the gear he acquired from here, which would be strange at home, but makes sense if he vanished just as he arrived home."
"It's okay. Let's go and get some standard gear, so I don't feel so out of place here, and see what's in the job jar today. "
"By the way, I was thinking this morning. There's a spell I've learned my knowledge base dump of yesterday that I think would be perfect for our use in making advanced technologies - Fabricate."

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2017 - 5:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 255 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"Its tough to say for sure."

"As to Fabricate, I've had my eye on it for some time, it will be a while before we have access though. The other catch is we still need to provide the raw components. Not a major problem if talking about basic meterials. But if we need aluminum, palladium, phosphate? We'll have to find a way to produce the advanced materials, or some way to get around the lack."

"As to the job, our current task is to explore those caves you found yourself in, deal with any threats, and obtain anything of particular use. It got cut short when we found out about you, but we did confirm the presence of several quote dangerous unquote creatures down there."

"I'm actually going to suggest that we hold off on returning to the caves, at least until tomorrow. Spend today getting you and Vickie set up, and at least somewhat used to the idea of going up against hostile creatures. Frankly, I would hold that off for weeks if I could, but we do have a time limit. Within a few days the water from that stream will start flooding the caves."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Nov, 2017 - 5:31am

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2017 - 5:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"Sounds good. I'll follow your experienced guidance for this. What about redirecting the stream before it presents a problem?" As we ride back, discussing options and what gear to load up on, I now and then think back to what is happening at home, putting my own priority list together of what I need to do as I am able.

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2017 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Given the lay of the land, redirecting is going to take considerable effort. The lord's people should be capable, but I'd rather not go back and tell him the effort is needed unless it actually is necessary."

"Could also get one of the local mages to cast Wall of Stone a few times, use that to seal off the tunnels, and then dig a new entry in. That may actually take less effort, and would be subject to less of a time crunch. But again, that is still more of an investment than just getting our act together and heading in."

"I also asked about putting up a barrier. Basically sealing off two of the tunnels and creating a vertical tunnel before the third. I was assured at the time it wouldn't hold. I'm rather skeptical that it couldn't be shaped to deal with the kind of water pressure in play, but I must admit they know those spells better than I."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Nov, 2017 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 255

The Storyteller says...

I will wake up as well, feeling basically refreshed. Personally I did hope that I'd have more energy here than I had back home. I would take the time to find a way of checking my appearance, before then looking to take a bath myself now that the morning had come.

Out of Character: Are there any mirrors in the castle, or would I have to get a little creative in checking my appearance?

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2017 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 255

"I'm certain, given that Dwarves are as much the miners here as they are in the games, that we could petition some Dwarven kingdom to provide the lumps of specific materials we need, as long as we can identify them properly. I especially would need Zinc to create decent electric motors/generators for power conversions."
"The stream filling in the caves bothers me, however. Where did it initially run? Is there no way of even making a path around the hole and back to it's original route, if the contents of the caves are that important? Or even use it to power our endeavors with a run-of-the-river system."
Once we reach the keep again, I'll meet with Thror the tailor, and -depending on my allowed budget - request some typical clothing, predominately in green & brown colours, as well as a silk underlay shirt for wearing beneath armour. High boots, good for riding, walking and battle would come next.

Out of Character: : Silk is excellent for arrows and other missiles, as it wraps around the head of the ammo and allows for easy removal of barbed tips, as per Japanese armour tech.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.