3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 270 of 616

Hopefully things work out, I think to myself, - Page 270 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Nov, 2017 - 11:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 616 pgs.  266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2017 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 270

Qwantithalica looks at Thomas after sitting down and listening to him. :You have no understanding of us elves do you? This is not something that I asked for but it part of me now. I do love Jason and he is designated to be my mate. No other shall have me unless forced and then I will be required to take my own life for I would no longer be true to him and thus stained. He is my soul mate for now until the day that I pass from this world."

Sponsored Links:
11th Nov, 2017 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

Believing her words, both in its sincerity and seriousness, I will take such as a cultural or traditional though possibly magical structure among elves. At least among Qwantithalica's people, before replying, "I have more questions involving such, and with elves in general, but I think in this case I should get down to the heart of the matter and speak of how things work where we come from." I will still be careful of my words, showing sensitivity to the issue.

Looking into Qwantithalica's eyes, I say, "Jason is in a position he has no experience in. More, partly because of his is concern of your maturity and in taking advantage of you because of how you may be a child, there is uncertainty how he should proceed. This, despite the fact you are actually older then any of us." I know I really shouldn't be going into so much detail, but I felt distinctly that she may have more maturity then we give her credit for.

Continuing, I offer, "He does like you, as a person and his assistant, yet he is not yet certain if he can return your affection. Were we come from, there is a strong cultural taboo of an adult being in a relationship with a child. Thus, given your physical youth and your age relative to your own kin, he is worried you are rushing into this and don't actually understand the complexities of love." Again, I try to offer the information slowly in her own language with the hope there is no misunderstanding.

"There is one other detail, and that is overtime our culture as grown to view romance and love that happens to quickly as naive or short sighted, thus with a courtship it will often take much more time for two people can get to know each other before taking such a step," Again, keeping in mind that I am providing a lot of information, I try to provide time for it to process yet not so much she can interrupt, "From where we come from, you are going too fast and this isn't allowing Jason time to process or decide his own feelings for you."

I finish with the following and a smile, "I'm not saying the love cannot develop, or that he will not return your feelings. I'm simply going to offer the suggestion that you take things more slowly, starting with a friendship and him mentoring you in smithing, and perhaps refrain from saying things which make your affections too obvious so as to allow Jason to decide what his feelings are towards you in return." Hopefully this all made sense to the elf.

I pause, before saying finally with a chuckle, "Jason is a good man. If he wasn't you two may have already shared a bed or he may have pushed back your advances without concern of your feelings. Both Rachel and I hope it works out, but it will take time for Jason to work out his own feelingsā€¦ He does care about you though, and doesn't want you to be hurt." I look to Qwantithalica, hoping what I said made any sense to her and wouldn't upset her too much.

Out of Character: Hopefully there isn't any major screw-ups in there, and I've presented the information with acceptable correctness. Jason may not be happy that I am giving the girl hope that things may work out, or that I have spoken too freely on his behalf, yet given what she said I worried what may happen if I gave too strong an impression it would never work out.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 11th Nov, 2017 - 4:42pm

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2017 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Qwantithalica looks at Thomas and tells him. "You come here to talk to me and to tell me that I should take my time and allow Jason to have space. That is not how it works for us Elves. If we experience a "Finding" it is all worked out for us and we know who we will be with for the rest of our lives. I know that Jason will age faster than me and I am aware that Human marry when young and even marry women of equal maturity as my age. I am 91 years old and while still a child in the eyes of elves I am of a age that I can bear children and my body is considered almost fully grown. I do enjoy being with Jason but no more of this will I discuss with you. Jason can talk to me if he wishes and I can explain it better to him. You I feel do not understand at all and are telling me to stay away from my love. Good day to you." She turns and stalks off towards the dining hall.

When she gets to the dining hall she will look towards Jason with some sadness in her eyes gather some food and depart from the hall.

After Jason finishes his meal he is able to track her down to talk to her. Shen he hugs her she wil press her body against him in a tight hug and give him one of her dazzling smiles.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 11th Nov, 2017 - 4:46pm

11th Nov, 2017 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Page 270 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

I will sigh, before seeking out Jason in the dining hall to tell him how things turned out and offer my apologizes. I will explain what I said and Qwantithalica's more exact words in reply, before admitting, "I should have gotten more information about elves from Lord Douglas's wife or from another before confronting her. My apologizes Jason." Hopefully I find him to explain in time.

Out of Character: I can change my post if Jason goes seeking Qwantithalica before I find him, but I guess in this case given what was added towards the end of the Dungeon Master's post I may not be able to get to him until afterwords.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 11th Nov, 2017 - 4:53pm

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2017 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: You will be able to talk to Jason at the Dining hall as he eats along with the others. He does not go seek her out until after he eats.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2017 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: yeah, no, not going to sit around eating under such circumstances. I'll assume I catch Thomas on my way out after her.

In Character: "What was that? What did you say to her Thomas?"

After he explains, I'll say, "Oh hell, Grant just found a reference to Findings in the library. I need to find her, now."

I'll rush out, repeatedly muttering "[crap]" under my breath. When I find her, I'll address her softly, "I owe you an apology, I did not know. I probably still don't. Please let me explain."

"I thought you were going through something my people call a crush. From the outside, it looks similar, a young person suddenly and desperately needing another. But the resemblance ends there. A crush is a short lived infatuation, not true love. To court someone with a crush is to invite pain and regret as they swiftly realize their mistake."

"I am sorry for thinking you were too young to know your heart. I am sorry for any pain I have caused by remaining distant. Please forgive me."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2017 - 9:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 270

She listens to what you have to say and does forgive you for the way you have been and still hugs you tightly.

11th Nov, 2017 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 270

The Storyteller says...

Hopefully things work out, I think to myself, feeling terrible. I thought I had done will in speaking with Qwantithalica but not knowing what a Finding was and more about elves ruined what help that I could have provided. I will wait to talk with Jason later, sitting at the dining hall table deep in thought.

Out of Character: It is a good thing I missed the details and posts involving Findings before, that way it was more In Character without worry of meta knowledge since I didn't know about this before reading back. Hopefully Qwantithalica won't stay upset at me or ill disposed, though she and Jason have cleared things up thankfully.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.