3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 279 of 616

"I'll be honest, this whole time - Page 279 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Nov, 2017 - 2:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 616 pgs.  275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2017 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 279

I nod at Jason's idea." I can go with that Jason. It wouldn't harm them and would definitely help us in our current situation."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2017 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I shake my head at Grant's suggestion, "She doesn't know, and guessing at that without taking a look at the runework is a bit like cutting the wires of a bomb blindfolded. Maybe it'l work out okay, but you really don't want to bet your life on it."

"If I remember right, most magical traps are proximity based, usually with a command word to deactivate. That would make safely approaching it from this side impossible without some way to suppress or mitigate it."

When Rachel speaks up, I smile, "Okay then, lets do this. Feel free to watch Grant." I pull out a small rock and start working on it while talking. "The way Artificers do this stuff is a little wonky. Most spellcasters say a word or two, wiggle their fingers, and poof. I enchant an object, albeit temporarily, building the spell bit by bit. It is not nearly as… convenient, taking a minute or two to actually cast something instead of a matter of moments, it also costs me some experience to do anything more than cantrips, especially for the big stuff, so I need to keep the costs in mind."

"On the other hand, this method has its own advantages. Not the least being there are no limits on which spells I can access this way, granting even more versatility than Wizards, and other people can activate the spells when they're actually needed if handed the object I've infused. Just a little more, aand, there we go."

"Okay then, everyone take cover around the corner, and cover your ears for good measure."

Tossing the infused rock to the ground, I summon a Fiendish Giant Centipede, and indicate for it to charge forward down the passage before ducking around the corner myself.

Out of Character: Okay, that cost me 1 first level infusion and 3 xp. Hopefully this works as intended.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2017 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The centipede as a 1st level summoned creature walks down the corridor and soon is out of sight even to the elves. You do not see or hear any explosions of fire. After three minutes it is gone back to where you summoned it from.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2017 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 279 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I unplug my ears after a bit, "Huh, well, that didn't go as I expected. Somehow it must not have met the triggering requirements. Maybe it only triggers for non evil creatures, heck, maybe it can tell the difference between a summoned creature and a nonsummoned one. Or maybe we're wrong and the passage is safe. But I can't think of a way to find out without sending more living things down that way. I'm not exactly thrilled with that idea."

"If no one can suggest something else to try, I'm going to say lets leave this hall be for now and try another route."

Out of Character: Not sure it makes a difference, but that's a round/level spell, the thing would have only been around for 18 seconds.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2017 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

“Mark it and move on. We may come to this from the other end, though, so let’s mark the wall visible from the other side. “.

Post Date: 17th Nov, 2017 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Either way it was not around much to see what actually happened since you were behind the corner. But you do know there was no earth scattering boom (Said in Martian voice).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2017 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 279

I nod and start passing out bits of chalk, moving to one wall to leave an obvious mark on it.

When satisfied that we'll see the marks left coming from the other direction, I'll suggest we move on, backtracking to the next rightmost passage.

17th Nov, 2017 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 279

The Storyteller says...

"I'll be honest, this whole time I've been tempted to ask if I could simply try walking across," I admit somewhat sheepishly with a nervous smile, before continuing, "To see if it gets set off, but I keep telling myself you'd all say no. That would be too much of a risk."

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 17th Nov, 2017 - 2:54pm

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.