3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 286 of 616

I say in agreement “I’ve only just started - Page 286 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Nov, 2017 - 4:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 616 pgs.  282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 286

I say to the others, "She wants to stay down here, alone, potentially for days. Her reasoning for wanting to do so has been weak thus far."

I turn back to the elf, "The effect could be subtle, if I were to set a trap that needed someone to remain in place for a long time, this is exactly how I would have it start, a mild sense of safety along with heightened interest in the room. No true compulsions to start, but it would build up to that the longer one remained."

"And even if this room presents no threat at all, this place is a different matter. Once we leave, there is absolutely nothing preventing something nasty from coming around that corner with the intent to cause harm."

"I do not mean to cast doubt on your knowledge and skills. But I was paid to be paranoid in my last job, plan for the worst possible scenarios, and how to minimize the risks of them occurring in the first place. I have certainly seen no reason to stop doing that, not when lives are on the line."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:15pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2017 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Listening to the babble as Jason and the Elf debate or whatever, I see visible fear in his eyes for her, and utter confidence in her own. Knowing what I had learned from my brief foray into the tomes about Elves, I am curious what the problem is and wondering if another cultural misinterpretation is occurring.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The girl goes over to stand by Qwantithalica and they put their heads together. They stay this way for a few minutes in some sort of silent communication. Finally Qwantithalica raises her head from her friend and then walks over to Jason. She speaks softly to you. "I think we should let her do this where we know where she is. She understands the risks and it is better we know she is here instead of her disappearing while we are exploring in the caves for I do believe that is what she will do. She is under no spell that I can detect and her thoughts are all still hers as we were raised together for many of your years. If she can find out more about this room it may be very beneficial to us and she is a very capable mage in her own right even if not very experienced. If she grows more into her power from this room then she could be a very powerful ally in our ranks. What do you say love?"

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 286 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"I do not debate the potential gain of studying these works, I am in fact looking forward to hearing of what you learn. It was the need to begin now I was questioning."

Uncertain, I look between the two of them. Finally, I sigh and nod, "I still think this is a risk, but I will trust your judgement in this affair and say no more against it unless something changes. Is there anything you will need before we move on?"

I pause, then ask, "Come to think of it, I take it you can read these tomes? What language are they written in?"

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 1:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"Oh I can not read them the language I see written none I have seen and I can speak ten languages and read them too. This is something I will have to learn but the magic in the room speaks to me and tells me many things. None of it is dark or evil but good and wonderful. I think the skeleton is of George but for now I am uncertain."

21st Nov, 2017 - 2:15am / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Learner says...

I address Jason, "I'm a bit worried about her staying down here by herself. I know Elves are intelligent beings, but with that being the case..the elf is still young which is what concerns me. I am sure you are of the same option. What was it the three of you discussing?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 286

"We were discussing the risks of her staying to immerse herself in study. And yes, I am more than a little concerned myself. But I think Thalica has proven my fear of a compulsion effect to be groundless at least. That should just leave the possibility of an outside threat. If we continue to sweep this area, she should be okay."

"Her staying still carries risks, but she is determined to learn what she can of this place, and at this point I think the risks are low enough to accept that. We can come back here shortly to check on her. What do you guys think? Don't forget that she is much older than any of us, in spite of appearances. She is still young in some ways, but nevertheless much more experienced than our teenagers would be."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Nov, 2017 - 3:39am

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 286

I say in agreement “I’ve only just started in this place, but from what I’ve read she would probably be well equipped to handle minor issues. I also agree that we should come back regularly to check on her progress. “.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.