3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 329 of 616

If you are creating and casting spells from - Page 329 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Dec, 2017 - 11:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 616 pgs.  325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
12th Dec, 2017 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 329

The Storyteller says...

I will arise from bed not long after, having gone to bed without getting a drink of ale or beer giving myself the excuse that I'd want to try something sweet not bitter if I were to drink anything like such. After a quick prayer. I will head to the dining hall to see who else has gathered and get myself something to eat. My mind still troubled with the death from yesterday.

I will see Grant and then Jason before everyone is gathered, listening to what was said before offer myself, "Yes, a way to clear out those hobgolbins more quickly and efficiently without anyone else coming to serious harm I think is our best strategy. Fireballs, explosions, perhaps other weapons or spells that can take out a larger group of them at once." Being able to clear out the infestation, with as many taken out at once as possible.

Continuing, I will add the offering consideration, "We check on Qwantithalica's friend looking over that magic library we found so as to check her process. Perhaps we might find something there that can help us." It was something that had come to be during the discussion.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Dec, 2017 - 4:23pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

" Those would be helpful. I would really like haste or should I say Ghoat would. We need to finish the hobgoblins off. What about the elves? I think we should leave them behind. I hate to have more fall. We can't concentrate on the hobgoblins and keep them safe also. They are very vulnerable if attacked." I look very somber." We owe this to the fallen. I just don't wish to have any more fallen."

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Dec, 2017 - 4:25pm

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

To Grant I'll say, "Library access would be good, but I get the impression that it will be closed off for some time."

I look at Thalica as Rachel mentions leaving the elves behind. "As much as I would like to shield them, I don't think we can. This is as much their fight as ours. To shut them out now would be an insult to his memory."

"And yes, they are a little more vulnerable than the rest of us, but we can work on that problem by shifting tactics."

"Last time, we were too eager to push forward. We neither established a proper line nor did enough to secure our rear. At the time, I was thinking a strong offense would serve well, and Ghost is the best weapon we have. I should have known better, hobs are known for being tacticians. Of course they would seek our flank."

"I would like to play it more conservatively this time. Have Ghost and those with him focus on defense, while hitting them from range. We retreat rather than charge, lure them into chokepoints, and never let them properly engage us."

Out of Character: the DC of a UMD check to use a scroll is 20+caster level, so it'd be 23 in this case, tough for him to beat. However, Factotums have Sor/Wiz spells on their spell list, meaning they don't need a UMD check to cast from such scrolls, Grant could cast from either a Fireball or Haste scroll without problem..

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 329 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"How many of us can cast spells from scrolls and is there any way I can help with the creation of such things? "
Out of Character: : yes, that's what I was going for. If the scroll is higher than my level, I still need a DC 4 roll to cast, which is just the 5% chance of nothing happening.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"Rachel, and Thomas, along with yourself should be able to cast from certain scrolls easily enough. I think I have enough theory down to fumble my way through casting from any scroll, but I can't guarantee it'l work on the first try."

"And sure, you ought to be able to help."

Out of Character: That's a caster level check, not UMD, so it'd be 1d20+2 vs dc4 in your case. And if you fail, there's a DC 5 wisdom check to avoid a mishap. As to helping with the scrolls, if you're there to pass a DC 10 UMD check, you can add +2 to my UMD checks to actually craft the things.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Dec, 2017 - 8:34pm

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: : Inspiration is my friend, for any and all checks. biggrin.gif With a UMD of 3+4 it should be good to give you that +2. I really want to do some of that alchemy, also.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 329

I look thoughtful at this." This goes against Ghost's nature but it makes sense in this case. Ghost and I have zero ranged attacks so we will just stand by in cases like that. I hope we aren't turned into a pincushion for it." I smile at this.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 329

If you are creating and casting spells from a scroll you have to roll a good DC check. I think the Jason had that correct at DC 20+ spell level. This helps prevent first level characters from just casting third level spells from scrolls they got their hands on. I will double check this with the books when I get back.

Jason fails at picking the lock again on the small chest.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.