3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 349 of 616

"Military history is something I've - Page 349 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 5:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 616 pgs.  345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2017 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 349

Still hoping to speak to one of the mages, I wait patiently at the table for an hour or two, then head off to where Jason & I were working on the monocle, looking at all his equipment and reagents and speculating on the various items possible to use them with.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2017 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"Yeah, I think we all had things we wish we'd packed the day we were brought here. I'd probably have printed out entire reams of technical documents on chemical formulas, production techniques, and uplift protocols, among other things. Not to mention packing a few guns and the solar recharging station I bought for camping trips. Hell, there's even a multicam ACU and molle vest sitting in my closet back at home. I only ever used it for airsoft before, but its not a knockoff."

Handing Jonathan a light crossbow, I'll say, "Here, there's some target space out back, try it for a few rounds. The projectile speed is lower, and the trigger pull is a little longer, but otherwise you can think of this as a single shot rifle. Aim a little high and lead your targets a bit more, and you should pick it up quickly."

"Its reloading that will take getting used to, but overall its simple enough you should be able to get the process down soon."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Dec, 2017 - 10:49pm

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2017 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I smile and wave at Vickie and Thomas." I'm glad that you two joined us." After futilely searching I shake my head." That is disappointing. I would really love to find at least a clue as to show we were brought here and why. The way that people appear here and then disappearā€¦ I just want to know why."

A sad smile crosses my face." Maybe next time. Vickieā€¦ I'm wondering about you. Something seems off with you. Are you okay? "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Dec, 2017 - 11:30pm

22nd Dec, 2017 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 349 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Learner says...

I wave back at Rachel and smile. I state the following once I'm closer; "With the way everyone was acting, I thought for sure there was something here. I went for a walk thinking about it and still thought about it as I sat in the dining hall nibbling on my food."

I then ask, "Could the flash and noise been caused by the weather change back home compared to here? Is it that simple?"

I answer her inquiry with "I'm alright. Kelvin, the guard that asked me if I wanted to train some more and that was with the Lord this morning, and I have been seeing each other on our off time. He has been helping me train with my melee weapon as well, and I seem to be getting better with it. We have kissed and made out several times, I blush a little with that statement. I like being with him, I can't explain it exactly, but he makes me feel wonderful."

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"I have a hand crossbow," he said finally getting the trigger to release the taut cord," Yeah, this is as difficult as I imagined it would be with the full size." He'd nearly managed to absorb the recoil but was slightly off still. "Now for the fun part," he said sarcastically, trying to use the mechanism to reset the cord. "Like a lot of things, I understand the concept, but have never had any practical experience at it. I can say the same thing about sword fighting and riding horses." He heard the click of the mechanism locking into place and reached for another bolt to slide down the shaft of the weapon. "Thank god for those few weeks in Panama going through the roughest jungle I've ever seen. When it comes down to land navigation and detecting traps, I've had plenty of experience in that. Boxing out around trees wider than this courtyard while staying on pace, .... How to ride a zodiac combat style, ... Swim with all our gear on," he paused to aim, breath and finally release. The shot was much closer to the center of the target this time. "But the main reason we were there was to practice how to raid drug labs and find their traps in the forest. We were so slowed down by boobytraps that I could totally understand why I'd never want to rush into something like that. Gives the defenders every advantage." He knocked another bolt, "Rush and boom!" he said lifting the crossbow to his chin, "Go slow and either miss your target be a sitting duck for an ambush." He fired again, this time hitting the middle. "Practical experience leads to confidence," he said looking down at the crossbow. "I like it, that's another practical point of view that gamers never have to experience. Marking off hit points on a character sheet is no were near the same as putting your body on the line and taking the hits. Ranged weapons are a god send compared to melee and armor." He paused for a moment, "Someone mentioned gods at some point, I think. You know anything about that? Are there really higher beings here?"

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"I cannot provide first hand testimony on that. The locals claim that divine intervention is a part of their lives, and I can say that magic supposed to be based on their power works just fine."

"The few times I've tapped divine spells, I haven't gotten a sense of a presence involved, but my access to magic is rather weird, I slowly build the effect rather than praying for it or studying it. Its a bit like I'm making a bootleg copy rather than buying the original."

"For the time being, until and unless faced with evidence to hint otherwise, I am going on the assumption that there are indeed beings with deific levels of power out there."

"As to practical experience, I can certainly relate to that. Dennis put Rachel and I through weeks of training before we engaged in any kind of combat, and even then I can't say we were really prepared. Since he's been gone, we've tried to pass on what we can, but events have often outpaced us, forced us to act more hastily than I'd like. Especially since I have several crafting projects to protect and assist the group that keep getting interrupted."

I sigh, "I can't not do it however, there is too much good we have already done to turn my back on it. On our first outing, we found a halfling child being roasted on a spit by goblins. On our third, we rescued over a dozen elven youngsters who were about to share a similar fate. My apprentice Quantithalica here was one of them."

"But back to the matter at hand, would you like to try some of the other weapons? See what calls to you? We have enough funds on hand to purchase any of the basic gear in here without a problem, but I'd rather it be something that you think you can use."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 23rd Dec, 2017 - 1:36am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 349

"Oh, I know my limitations with this thing," he said pointing at the sword. "First time I seriously picked one up to try and swing it I felt powerful. Then I practiced with a twenty-two year old girl who kicked by butt. Lots of my friends are in the SCA and stuff. I tried to block but even with only a few days practice she'd learned very quickly how to overcome that. I find this," he said picking up a spear, "One of the more useful things anyone can use. Did you know this is the most used weapon in history? Started with just a pointy stick centuries before anyone learned to work metal. Cheap, sturdy, dependable, reach," he said snapping the tip forward. "I like the Chinese variant the best. Although I've never used one, their tips had big bushy red puffs on the end, even if they missed, the motion was distracting." Taking the time to thrust and slash with the spear, he showed he had some talent for it. "Once again, practicality whenever possible. If someone gets inside your reach, "He twisted the shaft and reset the point forward to brace for a charge, "Yup, it's a legend." He put it back against the wall and picked up a full metal shield. "Now this, is something I've always wanted to use. Big fan of Cap'." He slipped his arm inside the straps and felt the weight of it, tried balancing it to see how much control it had while practicing a back handed arm swing. "Damn that feels right. I've only ever used the Riot shields before. Talk about flimsy. I can see now how a sword and shield could make a lethal combo," he said while taking a few more swings with it, gauging the balance further.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 5:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 349

"Military history is something I've studied, I've long wondered why the game never had good support for either the spear and shield that proved supreme for centuries, or for really using a shield as a weapon in general. Though it looks like you've got an edge on me in that regard. Pun not intended."

"Feel free to take the sword and shield, and the spear if you like. We've got the funds, though I might question it if you try to walk out with the entire armory."

"Speaking of funds, we decided pretty early on to share what we get, with cash going where it seems to be needed to benefit everyone as a unit. So if you need something, just ask. I've basically ended up as the treasurer, mostly because I'm able to craft advanced gear and magic items for everyone, but I need resources to do so. Unfortunately the list of things I'm hoping to make keeps growing faster than I can find the time to make them."

"If satisfied, lets get moving shall we? I hate to rush, but I wasn't kidding when I said I had a lot on my plate today."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 23rd Dec, 2017 - 6:06am

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.