3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 350 of 616

I giggle at her statement about Jason and - Page 350 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 4:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 616 pgs.  346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 6:37am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 350

Jonathan nodded, "It's your investment. I myself was always of the belief that whatever helps the party helps you and don't worry about the rest of the armory. I don't believe in encumbering myself unnecessarily. I know what it's like to carry a hundred twenty pound rucksack and arriving at your destination exhausted." Grabbing the items Jonathan motioned toward the exit, "Shall we?"

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 7:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Paying for Jonathan's new gear, we'll head for the stables to pick out a horse for him. From there heading to the gate to rendezvous with the others.

On the way I'll do what I can to speed coach Jonathan on horsemanship. "Before you even put a foot in that stirrup, you need to recognize a few things. This isn't a machine, to do what it was built for when and how you move it, don't expect it to respond like one. This is both a good and a bad thing. A horse that trusts you can faithfully carry you through dangers you didn't even know were there. But one that you're scaring will buck you off in the middle of a clear field. Controlling the animal as a result is as much a matter of controlling the emotions you express through body language and tone of voice as any physical movement made. It is also a factor of establishing a bond of trust and mutual need. I'd suggest carrying simple treats when you go to see him. Don't be too predictable about it, but occasionally rewarding good behavior with a carrot or an apple is a good way to get him wanting to do what you need him to."

"The first and worst mistake most people make is they panic. They start getting scared, and yank on the reins, and before you know it the horse is panicking too. Generally speaking, leaning forward a bit and applying pressure with the thighs will indicate for him to go faster. A simple kick, just enough to get their attention, will yield a faster acceleration. Leaning back and pulling, not yanking mind you, on the reins indicate for him to slow down or go backwards. You can use the reins to steer, and/or apply pressure with a thigh on the opposite side from the direction you want him to turn. Once we get moving as a group, you can probably just let him take the lead without any input from you. Horses tend to prefer to move with others. Just take it easy, and you'll be fine. "

Out of Character: Okay, studded leather, longsword, spear, what grade of shield did you want? Heavy wood?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 23rd Dec, 2017 - 7:11am

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 8:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The smell of the stable was not as odorous as Jonathan would have predicted, someone must have cleaned up recently. Listening along and eying the gear her had no idea how to use he said, "We will be learning with saddle though, right? I mean, I will be, you obviously know what your doing already. "

Out of Character: I'll take whatever is being offered for the shield. Not looking the horse in the mouth either wink.gif.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 350 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I look thoughtfully around as Vickie asks about the origins of the noise." I'm not sure. I'm guessing that is the noise of us being shuttled from one world to another. Kind of like a sonic boom but maybe causes by reality being torn for a moment to allow us through." I shrug and laugh." I would ask Jason. I'm sure he has all kinds of theories about it. I was just hoping to find some sign of who or what transported us here."

I giggle at her speaking of Kelvin." Girl, I'm happy for you. Anything to help with the feeling of loss. He looks cute. Maybe it took this crazy trip to meet your soul mate." I smile at Vickie.

Looking up at the sun I estimate that it was close to time to return." We had better head back to the gate to meet the others. Jason seems very anxious today. I don't want to add to his stress."

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 23rd Dec, 2017 - 12:58pm

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"Hmm? Oh yes, with saddle. So long as the saddle is fit properly, it is more comfortable for both you and the horse, not to mention easier to stay on, especially for longer distances. You'll want to learn how to ride bareback at some point, if only so you're not floundering in a situation where you don't have time for the proper gear, but that's for later."

"Most important thing to doublecheck, is the girth, I think its also called a cinch. That's the wide belt going around the horse's abdomen. Too tight, and you're going to hurt him. Too loose, and the whole thing can rotate, carrying you with it. Every saddle and girth is a bit different, but a general rule of thumb is you should be able to get a few fingers between it and his sternum, but not easily."

I'll keep talking and showing him what I can on our way to the gates.

Out of Character: Any kind of shield you like, heavy is +2 AC -2 ACP, light +1-1, buckler is also +1-1 but trades the ability to be used to bash for the ability to be used in conjunction with bows, a couple other variants out there. The choice of wooden or steel only really matters if more concerned about heat metal, rust metal, or warp wood being used on it. In the absence of such spells being a pressing concern, the wooden version being five pounds lighter is the only practical difference.

If interested in picking up enough basics to post details about "You" learning this stuff on the fly, try here, Source 5s That source is showcasing "English style" riding, which allows for more physical contact with the horse and control with the legs. A good English rider barely needs reins. The alternate you can find examples of, Western, uses a more platform like saddle that causes you to lose some of that close contact in favor of more stability and control of what you personally can do in the saddle while riding. What we'd be using in this setting is probably something a little in between the two.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 23rd Dec, 2017 - 3:05pm

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The ladies head back from their little adventure out in the woods to report to Jason of what they had found out there. Meanwhile Jason is getting Jonathan all out fitted with Rachel's horse, equipment, armor and weapons.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Dec, 2017 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 350

The Storyteller says...

I will follow after the two, and in answering what was being said I'd offer to Rachel, "Glad I could have joined up with you two, it is just too bad we don't have anything more to report. It would appear the most likely source for the flash was Jonathan being brought here." I found this especially worrying, as I was hoping this could put Lord Douglas in a better mood.

Looking to Vickie, I smile before saying, "Good for you. Just remember the culture here is a bit different, so he may surprise you in ways not expected of men from where we come from. My hope is that this will be nothing that might wither your budding relationship." Thinking to myself, I hope I worded that correctly. Showing my support of the relationship, hoping that it grows, but offering the thought that some things may not be the same or perfect.

Out of Character: I don't expect the guard to show himself as unpleasant later on or behave in ways that might be seen as sexist today, though there is still consideration what things may be different. Hopefully this wasn't something I should have kept to myself, being rude in saying such.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 23rd Dec, 2017 - 4:54pm

23rd Dec, 2017 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 350

The Learner says...

I giggle at her statement about Jason and say, "I am sure he will want to come check himself, just to make sure. Maybe there is something else here… magic or something that we aren't picking up..or maybe I am over thinking things again… "i trail off

I grin back at Rachel about Kelvin and say; "Maybe so, I will see how it goes with him and I. I don't want to rush things in this relationship. I tended to do that back home and I ended getting hurt one way or another, never physically I quickly add and the guy ended up being a total jerk or ass and not caring about me; just wanted my body."

I following her back to the gate to make our report to Jason. Making small talk along the way about how I like being in the woods and Nature and how things are with her.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.