3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 11 of 129

I'm okay with this too. I think we'll - Page 11 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Apr, 2017 - 9:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 129 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 11

Crafting the breast plates will take the most time. You will have to fit them to you and Dennis to ensure the fit. Three weeks per breast plate. The crossbow will take another three weeks and yes the smith or Thrum will trade with you to get the right materials that you will need.

You will make a DC check for each object failure of DC check will means you have to start over as you messed something up.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 25th Apr, 2017 - 12:53am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

All right, with that last, are you implying that take 10 is not an option for the craft checks?

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Nope take 10 is not a option either you succeed or you do not. With armor and weapons you do not want it to be inferior and fail when you are counting on it.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 11 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

To the party, looks like we'll be doing a bit of ranging around shortly. We'll need to pick up some stuff to get us started.

We started with a budget of 800 gp. Already purchased: studded leather armor, light crossbow, rapier. That leaves us with 720 gp to work with.

I'd suggest a scimitar or sickle and a wooden shield for Rachel (The no metal thing only applies to armor [By The Way]), but if she wants to go even further on that oath and stick with a wooden club or quarterstaff that is fine by me.

Another set of armor for Dennis, I'd suggest studded leather for now. Decent AC, but low cost to avoid buyers remorse since this should just be a temporary item. Could also go with straight leather for 0 ACP or chain shirt for better protection.

Since we have the funds after that, and we will be needing the mobility, I suggest skipping the mules and picking up a few good riding horses. I will unfortunately need a heavy horse due to my bulk, but you two should be able to get away with light ones. 1HH+2LH+basic tack (Saddle, bridle, 10 days feed, and saddlebags for all)= 399.5 gp

We'll have a bit under 300 gp left over after all that for stuff like bedrolls, backpacks, rations, etc. Should be plenty as long as we don't go nuts.

Thoughts?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Apr, 2017 - 7:21pm

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I'm good with studded leather to start. I'd rather not spend too much on it. Regarding crafting the armor, don't the rules read that you continue to make rolls (One per week maybe?) until you succeed and then stop? If you never succeed it is then a failure.Or is this the version you check week by week and may or may not make progress until you reach a certain goal. It has been a long time since I worried myself with this.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I will pull the Dungeon Master guide out tonight and research this some more and let you know my findings. I will also look in other books to see what they say to cross reference. I am sure I can find what I need out and get back to you on this.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 11

Your ideas as to the gear sounds great Daishain. I like spending the money upfront on good mounts. We will have a lot of ground to cover and mobility will be important.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 11

I'm okay with this too. I think we'll be ready to go once we make all of our purchases.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.