Elder D. Todd Cristofferson

Elder D Todd Cristofferson - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Aug, 2008 - 5:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

4th Aug, 2008 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

Elder D. Todd Cristofferson

There is a terrific biographical article in the August, 2008 Ensign. It was wonderful to be able to see him speaking at our singles conference this weekend in Irvine, CA.

Source 8

"Without my asking for it, the witness came," he recalls. "It came without words, but I received a very powerful spiritual confirmation-the kind that leaves no doubt-about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith.

"Looking back on that experience, I realize that we can't dictate to God when, where, or how He will speak to us. We just have to be open to receive what He disposes, when He disposes it. It comes according to His will.

"I"m glad that Heavenly Father didn't respond to me that night in Palmyra. I might have thought that you have to be in a special place to get an answer to prayer or to gain a testimony. But you don't have to make a pilgrimage to Palmyra to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet or that the Book of Mormon is true. You don't have to go to Jerusalem to know that Jesus is the Christ. If Heavenly Father found me in Somerset, New Jersey, He can answer the prayers of anybody, anywhere in the world. He knows us intimately, and He can answer us whatever our place or circumstances."

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: Elder D. Todd Cristofferson

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,