Landlord Entering, You Are Not There

Landlord Entering There - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2009 - 4:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 20th Aug, 2008 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

Landlord Entering Property When You Are Not There

Are there legal reasons for a landlord to enter the place you are renting when you are not there?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Aug, 2008 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

There Not You Entering Landlord

Most of the time a land lord should give you at least 24 hour notice that they need to come into your place to make a repair or update something that they need to access your place. Other times like in a fire, gas leak,water leak or other situation they may enter to find the problem and deal with the situation.

If the landlord is coming into your place without cause or warning then you need to move out. Taking them to court and win some money for possible stalking you.

28th Aug, 2008 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

Landlord Entering, You Are Not There History & Civil Business Politics

It depends upon the terms of your lease. Usually they have the right to enter for repairs at reasonable hours. Most leases will state whether they have to give advance notice or not. It is usually not legal for the landlord to enter your apartment without just cause.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

31st May, 2009 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Of course not, it is not legal. He/she cannot enter the apartment when you are not there! You must always be present, if they do then like someone said it is time to move out because it crossed the line of safety.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

7th Jun, 2009 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Any smart landlord would never just enter your place without letting you know because then you could say something was missing, etc. Only if the place was flooding or on fire.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

14th Jun, 2009 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

There is no reason whatsoever for the landlord to enter your premises, it's illegal and if that ever happened to me I would be suing him for the thousands.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jun, 2009 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Landlord Entering You Not There

As far as I understand the landlord can enter as long as it is written in the contract thats why you need to always read the small print.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

23rd Aug, 2009 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Landlord Entering You Not There Politics Business Civil & History

I think there are a few reasons a landlord can legally enter the home. The first would be that you are not paying rent on time or for many months and you have been warned. That would mean you have broken the contract. He may have to bring police with him or a lawyer so that he wont have to worry about any lawsuits. Another reason I can understand is that there are safety violations and he has tried to contact you but you are ignoring his calls.
Other than the reasons I have explained I see no reason for a landlord to go into your home when you are not there. He/she knows they can be sued or accused of something if they enter the home. Like another poster stated, you must be aware of all details on the contract.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 5 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.5%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Landlord Entering, You Are Not There

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,