Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

28th Jul, 2017 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Metagaming In RPGs

So what do you all think, should metagaming be allowed while role-playing? Just so we are clear metagaming refers to trying to discuss things or take actions in a role-playing game based on information you the player knows or can do but your character can't. For instance, if you know what is behind a door but your character doesn't should you play based on what you know or what your character knows. For me the answer is obvious but for some not so much. Anyway what's your beliefs on metagaming?

Sponsored Links:
28th Jul, 2017 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

RPGs Metagaming

You should play what your character knows and not what you know. Your character will also know things you don't and that should be taken into consideration during role-play.

28th Jul, 2017 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

Metagaming In RPGs Reviews RPG & Card Board

I think this can be avoided if intentions are explained while roleplaying. For example you might say "My character will jump on the table and start dancing. This is with the intent of being a distraction." Other players can then act on that without asking the player anything further like "Why is your character dancing on the table?"

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2017 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Metagaming In RPGs
A Friend

RPGs Metagaming

Yes it is fun at times as one plays a character and has their character not know what they are actually facing when the player knows exactly what they should be doing.

> TOPIC: Metagaming In RPGs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,