Are People In Trinidad Generally "Deep"? - Page 3 of 5

I think trinis are deep because they aren't - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 10th Sep, 2008 - 2:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
10th Sep, 2008 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Are People In Trinidad Generally "Deep"? - Page 3

Imagine a person actually complimenting Trini's and he is shot down by people.
ca1979 I thank you with the bottom of my heart. If other Trini's don't want to count their blessings, that is their business. The spirituality thing can be because of the many religions that we have here, if you can't find a religion to be comfortable with here, then I advise you become an atheist. We are a praying people and we respect other religious practices.

Sponsored Links:
10th Sep, 2008 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

quotDeepquot Generally Trinidad People Are

QUOTE (Lordryoko)
I advise you become an atheist. We are a praying people and we respect other religious practices.

Sorry, but that line is too funny, especially in a Thread about Trinis being deep.

Imagine a person actually complimenting Trini's and he is shot down by people.

You are the typical Trini I take it where one just rambles words but does not establish facts or sources for their statements. No one is being shot down, Ca1979 is being asked to establish how he is shooting down his own people and saying the ones here are deep. He has not done so, and you have not either. Thus, the question remains... in what way are people in Trinidad deep?

10th Sep, 2008 - 5:18am / Post ID: #

Are People In Trinidad Generally "Deep"? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I just think people in T&T have more insight into life in general than what I was accustomed to previously.

This is from a person who lived in the UK. I don't need a better source than that do I?

I advise you become an atheist. We are a praying people and we respect other religious practices.

I would like it if you quote my full sentence next time and not the end of one into the other to make one thought.

The spirituality thing can be because of the many religions that we have here, if you can't find a religion to be comfortable with here, then I advise you become an atheist. We are a praying people and we respect other religious practices.

See the difference? or do I have to find a source or get facts for that one too?

Reconcile Edited: lordryoko on 10th Sep, 2008 - 5:24am

10th Sep, 2008 - 5:41am / Post ID: #

Page 3 quotDeepquot Generally Trinidad People Are

I lived in the UK, I do not agree, that is source, the statement is relative, why did you live in the UK or are you one of those Trinis that 'quick to accept foreign"?

Oh believe me, I quoted the right part of your sentence... you quote the whole thing or part of it is quite amusing either way.

Also, ironic how instead of trying to answer by stating for yourself why you think Trinis might be deep you continue to quote an unknown source. Give me a break. This is like the "How Good is Trinidad To Live" Thread.

10th Sep, 2008 - 6:15am / Post ID: #

quotDeepquot Generally Trinidad People Are

Ok you know what JB? I accept defeat because there is obviously crossed signals here. I was merely answering another person who mentioned spirituality and thanking him for his insight. Experience also counts for nothing I see.

The spirituality thing can be because of the many religions that we have here, if you can't find a religion to be comfortable with here, then I advise you become an atheist.

I'm sorry I don't see the humor. Maybe because I am too tired or maybe I don't think deep enough geeze.

10th Sep, 2008 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

Are People In Trinidad Generally "Deep"?

JB:

I lived in the UK, I do not agree, that is source, the statement is relative, why did you live in the UK or are you one of those Trinis that 'quick to accept foreign"?

Where in the UK did you live? I'd presume you'd have known that the UK (and Western societies in general) have a cult of celebrity. Even the British ourselves say that is overly shallow. And there is big brother too, which isn't exactly insightful. As I said, I think in Western societies there is a common lamentation that people are dumbing down over time.

Reconcile Edited: ca1979 on 10th Sep, 2008 - 2:02pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Sep, 2008 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Are People Trinidad Generally "Deep" - Page 3

So after three pages of this thread no one can answer why Trinis are "deep" laugh.gif You guys are going to the tangent but not answering specific reasons of why Trinis are deep. I am all ears.

10th Sep, 2008 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Are People Trinidad Generally "Deep" Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

I think trinis are deep because they aren't that superficial. I like the UK, it's my country, but one aspect I didn't like was that the people there had quite superficial outlooks. It's an old joke in UK that men like football and beer and women like shopping, care about their appearance a lot and gossip about celebrities. it may be a bit stereotypical, but I think there is some truth to it nevertheless.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Are People In Trinidad Generally "Deep"?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,