Magic: The Gathering Anti-mormon Version

Magic Gathering Anti-mormon Version - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Sep, 2008 - 12:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Part 2: Baptism of the Dead Card
26th Aug, 2008 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Baptism of the Dead Card

See if you can guess what is being attacked here and your answer for it.

Note: If this is your first time seeing this type of Thread then please check the first part in this series to understand what we are doing here: Source 6

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2008 - 3:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Version Anti-mormon Gathering Magic

I have no Idea. Never been to the temple other than baptism for the dead when I was young.

Take a creature? Does that mean take a tribe? The bulls mean tribes.

I believe the work for the dead is being attacked.

Take a family member maybe?

Does this card game really exist?

Added later: Proxy means replacement. We replace the dead with our living bodies in the baptism for the dead.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 26th Aug, 2008 - 4:14am

26th Aug, 2008 - 4:21am / Post ID: #

Magic: The Gathering Anti-mormon Version Studies Doctrine Mormon

This one is straightforward, the concept of doing work for those who have passed on takes faith. The faithless cannot see further than their eyes will allow them so it is impossible for them to see more into it.

Rather off topic, but...
I answered your other questions about the reality of these cards in Part 1 of this series. More cards to come. By the way, I cannot stop you, but if you have not been to the Temple yet I would wait to go their first before you reply to any of the Temple based Threads so that you do not go there with someone's opinion.

29th Aug, 2008 - 8:27am / Post ID: #

Totally mocking our work for the dead. Good point JB about the faithless not being able to see further than their eyes will allow them. It seems to imply something with the quotes that we get credit or something for those we proxy for. I might be reading into that--I just noticed the action to take a dead one FROM their graveyard and put it into ours....then the quote about being Saviors....which is not in the sense of the atonement.

Also Quasar,

I noticed that you said that the bulls stood for tribes..

For a long time I had been taught that the twelve oxen represented the twelve tribes of Israel but then found out and just had it reinforced that the oxen represent the tribe of Joseph. Have you heard that before?

20th Sep, 2008 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

They may also be hitting the fact that we do baptism for people of different religions and families that may not be directly attached to us. The Church was sued over this and have stated that we must now ask permission.

> TOPIC: Magic: The Gathering Anti-mormon Version

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,