Tar & Feather

Tar Feather - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Sep, 2008 - 12:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Part 30: Tar & Feather Card
3rd Sep, 2008 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Tar & Feather

Tar & Feather

See if you can guess what is being attacked here and your answer for it.

Note: If this is your first time seeing this type of Thread then please check the first part in this series to understand what we are doing here: Source 6

Sponsored Links:
3rd Sep, 2008 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

Feather and Tar

QUOTE (JB @ 2-Sep 08, 10:19 PM)
Tar & Feather

See if you can guess what is being attacked here and your answer for it.

An obvious reference to the night Joseph was drug from his home by an enraged mob to be beaten, tarred, feathered and ridiculed. As a result of that night his adopted infant son, Joseph, who was ill with measles died.

My immediate response to this one - to anyone who would find it amusing - is how can anyone justify this behavior toward any other human being, regardless of how much you disagreed with his beliefs? Though it seemed to be the status quo in the time period.

Reconcile Edited: alskann on 3rd Sep, 2008 - 4:18am

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2008 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Tar & Feather
A Friend

Tar & Feather Studies Doctrine Mormon

I have to admit that this card has ticked me off a little. The others have not had this affect so far.

4th Sep, 2008 - 9:55am / Post ID: #

Feather and Tar

Quasar said:

I have to admit that this card has ticked me off a little.

I am sure that is the very intention they have--sad isn't it? The whole "mob mentality" is such a strong tool that Satan uses.

The natural man in us wants to set things right--and do it with force if we have too. Somehow they justify acts such as this and even thinking they are for good by somehow ridding the town of his supposed lies--but I think it is more disturbing that someone nowadays takes that situation and can make light of it--"turns black (tar) then white (feathers) and can then fly....it amazes me at their ability, but then again, the same master is feeding them, and he is very good at it.

What breaks my heart even more is the loss of his son when this took place. Already being sick and then to get sicker because of the cold from the door being left open.

20th Sep, 2008 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Feather and Tar

Doesn't it show how unjust those who persecuted the Church were? I mean if you really cared about justice because the Mormons were so evil then you would go about things differently. These men were acting out of anger and possibly drunkenness... they were afraid Joseph was coming to take their wives, no I am serious.

> TOPIC: Tar & Feather

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,