Baby With 8 Broken Ribs Dies After Returned To Mom

Baby 8 Broken Ribs Dies Returned Mom - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Jun, 2009 - 2:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Social Workers Left Him With Abusive Parents
10th Sep, 2008 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Imagine, this little baby was murdered by his mother and her boyfriend despite being on a council "at risk" register and having already suffered injuries including eight fractured ribs and a broken back that left him paralyzed.

His fingernails may have been deliberately removed. His spine may have been broken when he was forced over the back of an adult's knee or banister rail. He also had many bruises to his face and body and was probably bitten on his scalp by a dog at the house.

Why social workers left this baby with these monsters?!

A 17-month-old baby boy was murdered by his mother and her boyfriend despite being on a council "at risk" register and having already suffered a catalogue of injuries including eight fractured ribs and a broken back that left him paralyzed, a British court heard Tuesday.

The child, who along with the two adults cannot be named for legal reasons, was subjected to "a course of assaults of increasing violence" over many months at his home in North London even though he was being monitored by experts, the Old Bailey was told.

He was examined many times by doctors and was seen by a health visitor, social workers and was put on the Haringey Child Protection Register under the category of neglect and physical abuse for nine months, a jury was told.

Despite this he received numerous injuries - computer-generated images of which were shown to jurors to protect them from having to see the real thing.

Parts of the boy's fingernails and fingertips were missing, his head was covered in ulcerated sores and the skin between his upper lip and gum had been torn which, the court heard, was "highly suggestive of non-accidental injury, usually by forcing the teat of a bottle into a child's mouth or by a hard glancing blow across the mouth....

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2008 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mom Returned Dies Ribs Broken Baby

I think they need to look at their
protection" laws. To be monitoring the child and the child still getting abused should have shown the authorities that it would continue to happen. This one I blame the authorities for allowing this abuse to keep happening and them not stepping in and taking the child to a better place. I would still charge the parents now but this child could have been in protective custody and not have the injuries he suffered till he died.

1st Oct, 2008 - 8:57am / Post ID: #

Baby With 8 Broken Ribs Dies After Returned To Mom History & Civil Business Politics

This sickens me. There are times when a child has to be returned to the abusive or neglectful parent due to insufficient evidence. But 8 broken ribs seems like sufficient evidence to me.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2008 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Name: Ashlynn

Comments: This is SICK. Why someone would do this to their own child is beyond grasp. And furthermore, why would the authorities put him back into custody of the parents? To me, it only makes sense that if parents are under suspicion of such a thing as abuse, that the child immediately be removed from the home, just so this sort of thing doesn't happen. The fact that he remained there because there wasn't "sufficient evidence" is appalling. 8 broken ribs on a 17 month old child is enough. That doesn't happen from a fall or an "accident". I hope England learned its lesson.

20th Oct, 2008 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

To be born into a world of pain and live there till death is not right in any account. I agree klar the system needs a complete over haul. Those who turned the decision to let a child with sever injuries return home need to be held completely accountable to their actions and held for charges, jobs lost asap with no compensation and the benefits or pension remains payable only to their family.

This is gross negligence and should be treated as such. Sickening is too mild of a word for cases of this nature.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

6th May, 2009 - 5:26am / Post ID: #

As said... A licence to own a gun...a dog...why not a messing child? Oh My Goodness! I just don't understand!

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message. See Constructive Posting Policy

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2009 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Baby 8 Broken Ribs Dies Returned Mom

Name: Mike

Comments: The saddest thing is that the best thing I can say is that, considering his condition, it is probably best that the child did die. And that is a disgusting thing to have to admit. I hope there is a way to make these monsters pay in an equally painful and hopeless and shameful way.

> TOPIC: Baby With 8 Broken Ribs Dies After Returned To Mom

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,